No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm shocked at some of the things Bernie has been saying about Jordan and Minardi recently.

If anything, the recent Ford pull out should demonstrate that the manufacturers will not always be there and cannot be relied upon, and that the privateer teams are needed.

I've been an avid follower of Formula 1 for about 10 years now, and it is really upsetting seeing the state it is getting itself into - and what makes it worse is the fact that a lot of the problems are glaring obvious, but nothing seems to be done about them. Guess the Concorder agreement doesn't help, with the need for all teams to agree on changes, but some of the teams (and Bernies) selfishness is going to see the sport spiral into a black hole.

Ah well... lets hope for a good race this weekend at least!

Comment

yep, early start if you wan to watch it live, Sat 7am Qualifying and 7am Race Start on Sunday

I do think the better Button does this weekend the more it strengthens BAR's case with the CRB.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
        yep, early start if you wan to watch it live, Sat 7am Qualifying and 7am Race Start on Sunday

I do think the better Button does this weekend the more it strengthens BAR's case with the CRB.
        What channel is showing qualifying live?? I thought it was only being shown in the afternoon on ITV at 14:55.

Why do you think if Button does well it will strengthen BAR's case with the CRB? I didn't think it had anything to do with performances (contractually), maybe with the exception of the performance bonuses that Button was never paid apparently.

Comment

Better set that alarm earlier David. Program starts at 6am on Sun and with all the developments of the last 2 weeks you wont want to miss it.

Dont think the qualifying is on live though - shame.
          Last edited by Alastair; 24-09-2004, 11:01. Reason: Stupidity as David ointed out!

Comment

Officially it's all about the engine deal not being signed in time isn't it but I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that behind the scenes.

With Davidson doing so well atm I think BAR should let Button go and snap up Davidson who will undoubtedly cost less and seems to have equal pace.

Comment

Qualifying is not on Live anywhere as far as I know, thought it was but no; mind you formula1.com is great for live timings.

Agent you mean 6am Sun, will try and get up for that.

And morceph, prehaps I'm wrong about Button and the CRB just thought he had another clause in his contract tieing him to BAR depending on him and/or the team reaching a certain number of points at a certain date.
              It's all a bit complex really, the only ones to gain out of it really are the lawyers, and in the end the CRB will probably just toss a coin

Comment

With regards Button, I think it is as much to do with unpaid bonus (which have now been paid) as it was anything else.

He's overated anyway, as next season will show

Comment

My cats woke me up at 6:30 this morning so I logged on to check those live timings at formula1.com.

They're great with a good commentary scrolling too.

I wont spoil the results for anyone wanting to watch this afternoon but definitley worth watching.

Comment

Rossi in a Ferrari in 2006 ? now that would be great

Comment

That rumours been kicking about for years.. it's the successor to the Dario Franchitti in F1 rumour, which was the successor the Colin McRae in F1 rumour. I doubt it'll ever happen, it's just publicity for those involved.

Comment

na, I think once he's won the title this year and next they'll be nothing else for him to achieve in MotoGP so he'll move to Rally or F1.

Comment

F1 isn't coming to Britain in 2005 at the moment!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope something gets sorted out in the next two weeks before it's all properly official and beyond the point of no return.

Comment

It starts :/

Comment

was going to happen sooner rather than later, think we'll end up missing 2005 to teach us a lesson then hopefully we'll be back in '06 with improved facilities.

Comment

yeah that'd be nice, but its just a shame isn't it. Imagine in 2050, when we actually have F-Zero style cars and the race is on the AG-2700 Silverstone and someone will say "we've been here for 100 years except in 2005" cos Bernie Ecclestone got moody and the government wouldn't help out with something that generates ?30M of tourist revenue and creates jobs for hundreds(?) of engineers............

Comment

Working...
                                X