No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good race at Hungary in the middle of the pack.
    Williams scored points for the first time in 3 years.
    At the end of the race Vetel got disqualified for not carrying the registration amount of fuel. He needed a litre of fuel left in his tank at the end of the race but they could only extract 0.3.

Comment

I missed that about Vetel - he must be gutted, to say the least.

Really wacky race from start to finish and now beyond even that.

I'm not a dyed in the wool F1 fan but when you have a race like that, a bit of everything, it is great motorsport entertainment.

Comment

That was something else today (and yesterday). Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          That was something else today (and yesterday). Amazing.
          LH showed today why he's so successful.

Comment

It was the most incredible weekend I have seen in F1. Undeniable.

Comment

F me that race was nuts!

Comment

Damned right - confusing restart after the safety car at the end of the penultimate lap but it all boils down to Hamilton being on ageing hard compound tyres on the last lap and literally can't stop Verstappen on new soft compound ones out-braking him going into one of corners.

Gutting for Hamilton but a fittingly great race with a fine margins ending to top off an incredible F1 season.

Comment

I’m a fan of Lewis but set out to be content with either winning, as long as it’s clean racing.
                  But that finale felt artificial. Like Christoph from the Truman Show was up there in his tower directing the perfect drama.
                  Let all back markers through or none at all. Just the cars in between with the tyres they both had handed Max the victory on a plate. It was over before it even restarted.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    I’m a fan of Lewis but set out to be content with either winning, as long as it’s clean racing.
                    But that finale felt artificial. Like Christoph from the Truman Show was up there in his tower directing the perfect drama.
                    Let all back markers through or none at all. Just the cars in between with the tyres they both had handed Max the victory on a plate. It was over before it even restarted.
                    Yeah it was bull****. I don't know what the thinking was.

Comment

F1 certainly embarrassed itself today and indeed throughout the season with the inconsistency which the rules and regulations have been applied. I hope Mercedes appeal doesn’t go anywhere especially as they’ve really benefited from some iffy decisions this season.

Comment

Hardly a convincing title win - Hamilton missing races and Verstappen taking it because they tied the hands of the fastest kid on the grid with a massive gap on the last lap with RB still having to scrape by on the points. Not sure Verstappen really deserves the crown tbh.

Comment

How many red flags?! Absolute chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            How many red flags?!
                            I think I lost count!!

Comment

It's absolutely ridiculous. The restarts have caused more racing incidents than if they just let them race. Now they are having to unpick it all.

None of the red flags were needed. There was nothing that happened that couldn't have been managed under a SC. Even the damaged safety barrier wasn't an issue. Remember like 5 years ago, someone shot right through a safety barrier in Russia and they just carried on. Madness.

Comment

Working...
                              X