Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bad boxart gallery

Which is the worst?

Sometimes I shudder when I see the cool, and intersting Japanese Game artwork lost to substandard Western covers like these ones.

Mobile Light Force 2 is an example of how a crap US devco, takes a perfectly good JPN shooter and ****s it up. It needs to be avoided not just for the crap cover, but for the goodness of gaming.

Comment

That Mega Man one is truely awful. What were Capcom USA thinking.

But the thing is. Every so often I see I western release that has retained the cool Japanese artwork and I start to think that they are beginning to understand. Then 5 other publishers butcher the artwork with other releases and the pattern begins anew.

Comment

You gotta love the campness of that Blue Bomberman though. Quality stuff .

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
          I've been looking into Red Bomberman's eyes for a little while now. And I'm wondering how anyone could buy a game with such a bored looking bloke warning you away...

Comment

You need to add Quantum Redhsift to the list - possibly the reason the game bombed in the US?

Comment

My god, that "karnaaj" (what a name ) has the worst box art I have EVER seen.

Honestly though, who pays these people?

Comment

You gotta love the campness of that Blue Bomberman though. Quality stuff
                I was going to say the same thing! He should get a game of his own.

10 player camp Bomberman.

Comment

heehee, that's just so amusing. What are western box designers thinking when they do these things. That bomberman one would scare most people away from the box, it certainly gave me a fright this morning!

Comment

That Megaman cover makes me chuckle...

Also, the US cover for Ico should be added - particularly in comparison to it's PAL/Jpn counterparts.

Comment

Ugh.

I'd seen some of those before (Bomberman and Megaman a lot). But some of the others I hadn't. That Karnaaj (or whatever) was incredible. And just think ? the person who did that probably makes their living from it.

Now I'm going to be sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                        That blue bomberman is a bit on the portly side too. It looks like he's carrying the bomb like a tray but is going to fall over. Or something.

Comment

Ha ha. That blue bomberman is class.

Comment

Some of the early Master System boxes are good for a chuckle.

Check out the sonic waves eminating from the underside of his rifle.

Comment

what happened to the cuteness that is bomberman! i must say that box art is absolutly appauling. you couldnt give that away even if you tried. Oh and that mastersystem cover looks like someone didit whilst having a bad case of the rumblies!

Comment

Working...
                              X