No announcement yet.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection & CFJ: Gamertag list & Online Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone noticed or does anyone know if they've done something about the problem of 'dropping'?

I've already had someone drop out just before i finished them off, but i'm not sure what my stats were before hand so can't tell how they were affected. Hopefully with this game it void the match and therefore not appear like you lost like it did on CvS2. Better still it could give the other player an automatic win.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimoto
      Smooth as silk you'll be glad to know. I've played about 25 matches so far and every single one as been just like playing a normal VS match on the same machine. Perfect.
      One word............

wow

Comment

o_O:;;;;;;;;

Been playing this since 6pm...I have just finished now. I think...I should get some sleep @_@ . But before i go, time to answer some queries.

Right!

*Online match replays...CANNOT BE SAVED!!!!!

Parrying on 3rd Strike

Well, when i first started to play this evening, i was very dissapointed It was all very laggy and i couldnt even parry a fireball. So feeling down that 3rd Strike may only ever be able to be played properly with people on the same machine etc...i got myself a drink and thought, oh well, might as well carry on playin.

Im so glad i did! \o/ Everymatch was smooth, parries could be done with ease, there was no lag at all. Later i found out the guy i was playing was from Sweeden or summat, so that accounted for the lag on his games. But, 99% of the people i played who were from the UK, the connection was flawless.

I parried everything I know how to online that i can offline, so there is no problems with the net code on that front. Obviosley, make sure you arnt downloading\uploading using Bittorent etc when you play, as someone I was playing today realised

While playing though, I did notice some wierd stuff like sometimes during the match the furthest background layer would start flickering. But i only saw this early on and it didnt occur again. (Urien Stage)

What did occur frequently was "The Black Screen of Doom!" Basically, after a match went back to the "rematch\quit menu" when you selected Rematch, you can hear the character select screen music, but there was no picture. Soon about 12-15 secs later you would get a "connection could not be synchronised". This would just occur out of the blue and there was no warning.

The result of this is that you would get a loss on your record. Also, the dropping has not been fixed, so its the same case of cvs2...someone drops, you both get a loss. But tbfh, who cares about stats. This game is about having fun and trying to improve. With this game on live its like having an endless supply of people to play \o/ While playing today, I got absolutely owned by some players, and it was a great learning experience, as at one point i thought i have seen everything...WRONG.

Also played a few games of Hyper SF2 in the end...heh, its still good and brings back the good old memories of skiving school to play the game at the local chippy\video shop\arcade

Also, everyone add "NickyDrinks" to their gamertag. The most funniest guy i have chatted to while on live, and yes, he was ****ing pissed Quote of the day

"Oh ken...Ken! KEN!!!...YOU.BIG...DICK!!!" o_O

Everyone go get this game tommorow, no need to doubt its aceness

Now, has anyone else been using the Magicbox convertor? Does it work without pad latency\lag like was the case on cvs2? Loads of people were using this today (as they would talk on the matchup screen, then deplug the xbox pad with mic in and insert their ps2 sticks with the magic box.) If so, Great, mine should arrive soon. Was using the Xbox Burgurr pad today, and it isnt really that bad...although my hands bloody hurt now, but thats probably like a nutter ive been playing for 9hrs non stop :|

Anyway ZzZzZz KO
        Last edited by jassi singh; 29-10-2004, 03:36.

Comment

GOOD MORNING!
          OMG I can't belieeeve I'm awake this early. I normally take sooooo long to wake up and it's really horrible and I have to rush to the bus for uni etc. But today is different.

This is the first time in a LONG while that I've been excited about the release of a game. Probably 5 or 6 years. I keep thinking about picking this up today and I get butterflies in my stomach!

My whole dream last night was about SF3. That's how I woke up so early. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOMG I can't wait for this and stuffs.

Comment

I got bent over and royally buggered at this yesterday. No wins.

Will spend today trying to rep the damage - Gonna try burger pad as I found controller S to be pish - the buttons just don't work.

I'm off to order one of these magic boxes (will need for Pro Evo anyhow)

Jassi - Can you update front page to show Mardigans Gamertag as MARDIGAN8 ?

Comment

To all those who don't have any wins, don't worry. I'll have the game this evening, and I'm sure you will be able to beat me. I've onlt just started palying the game, but it feels so right.

Comment

anyone tried a PS2 stick via a magicbox etc? Im avoiding buying it till i know about the lag.

Comment

I've used both a Dreamcast stick and a Saturn pad with a Magic Box and its worked perfectly on both with zero lag.

Comment

I've used several Hori PS2 sticks too and they have all been fine. I'll be using my Real Arcade Pro this evening with a Magicbox (as I do with CvSNK2). Concerning my play, the phrase "All the gear, no idea" comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                      I got bent over and royally buggered at this yesterday. No wins.

Will spend today trying to rep the damage - Gonna try burger pad as I found controller S to be pish - the buttons just don't work.

I'm off to order one of these magic boxes (will need for Pro Evo anyhow)

Jassi - Can you update front page to show Mardigans Gamertag as MARDIGAN8 ?
                      so did I although I didnt see anyone off here online around 9pm... the s-pad sucks ass... I want to get my snes pad on the go!.. lol

never ever played 3rd Strike.. but OMFG it kicks ass... i need combo lists!!... in fact I need a complete fecking guide to playing it!

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh
                        The result of this is that you would get a loss on your record. Also, the dropping has not been fixed, so its the same case of cvs2...someone drops, you both get a loss. But tbfh, who cares about stats.
                        [23:52] <Singho|away> Rank 31st 78 wins 120 matches
                        You do!
                        I do want this game a lot. Im wondering if I should use my saved Halo2 money to buy it? but I do have it on the Dreamcast so its not like I cant play it?

That really sucks about the replay. I hope capcom make a update patch.

Comment

Omg I Have It!
                          Fight Me Bitches!

Comment

can anyone recommend a good character to play with in SF3 other than ken or ryu?

oh my gamertag is "Happy Brian"

Comment

I have it now too Had to fight my way through a wall of chavs dirbbling over GTA:SA at GAME, mind

May be on tonight with it, but pretty late...

Comment

Hey Brian!
                                Come online now! I'll help you pick and show you some stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X