Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the current Top Gear lineup.

I think, once you accept that it's going to change from time to time, like James Bond or Doctor Who, you'll get more from it.

If anything, you're getting more with Top Gear and The Grand Tour!

I just wish there was something that catered for your average Joe, where they'll talk about the number of cupholders in the latest SUV, but also gaze longingly at that sporty saloon, like the majority of us have to!
    5th Gear was closest to that.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I like the current Top Gear lineup.

I think, once you accept that it's going to change from time to time, like James Bond or Doctor Who, you'll get more from it.

If anything, you're getting more with Top Gear and The Grand Tour!

I just wish there was something that catered for your average Joe, where they'll talk about the number of cupholders in the latest SUV, but also gaze longingly at that sporty saloon, like the majority of us have to!
      5th Gear was closest to that.
      5th Gear was close but besides Tiff the other presenters were annoying.

Comment

I think Tiffany Butler-Henderson should get more screen time.
        She's passionate about driving and is a really engaging presenter without having to resort to that Top Gear way of speaking - "You're supposed to leave traction control on... but we're going to trash it, like a naughty schoolboy."

Comment

Out of boredom one day I watched the last series of Top Gear with the new team, and I was actually shock at just how...........good I found it. It was a lot of fun. I couldn't get on with the line up with Matt Le Blanc though, absolutely wooden.

Comment

She's passionate about driving and is a really engaging presenter without having to resort to that Top Gear way of speaking - "You're supposed to leave traction control on... but we're going to trash it, like a naughty schoolboy."
            https://youtu.be/iZRB2I_Lg8o?t=113 <<< She reviewed my car. She's genuinely excited about cars.

Comment

I stopped watching Top Gear after Clarkson, May and Hammond left

Oddly, I stopped watching Grand Tour at the end of season 2. Been watching season 3 in the evenings this week and, by God, I've missed the ridiculousness of them messing about and just having a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                I stopped watching Top Gear after Clarkson, May and Hammond left

Oddly, I stopped watching Grand Tour at the end of season 2. Been watching season 3 in the evenings this week and, by God, I've missed the ridiculousness of them messing about and just having a laugh
                Season 3 it really hit its stride.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Season 3 it really hit its stride.
                  Up to episode 9 and the Citroen C3 thing is hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Up to episode 9 and the Citroen C3 thing is hilarious!
                    Yeah, the 3rd series of the Grand Tour is very good. The 1st was a bit crap, especially that celebrity section and the 2nd series improved a lot of things but the 3rd is where it shines.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      https://youtu.be/iZRB2I_Lg8o?t=113 <<< She reviewed my car. She's genuinely excited about cars.
                      In a car group I'm in on Facebook, they did a virtual car show with guest speakers and she was listing her favourite cars and her eyes were sparkling with enthusiasm when she spoke about the F40.

I know it sounds like I fancy her, but I find her enthusiasm refreshing without falling back on the schoolboy antics and/or complete lack of knowledge from the other shows.

Comment

I think the mongolia special was best. It really felt like they were genuinely struggling with it all.

Comment

Do you mean Vicki Butler Henderson?
                          Or is there another Butler Henderson I don't know of?

If it's Vicki then I remember when she used to write for Max Power Magazine
                          She's always loved cars

Neil

Comment

Tiff Needell?

Comment

Vicki.
                              I don't know what happened there.

Comment

BBC will not resume filming Top Gear series after Flintoff crash investigation | Top Gear | The Guardian
                                Series 34 has effectively been abandoned after the BBC decides to hold of resuming filming. They won't make a decision on what to do with the show till the end of the year whilst Flintoff is also said to be considering leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X