No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched Volume 2 yesterday. Very good stuff, although I was looking forward to another hardware review, which didn't show

These are the perfect videos to sit down with on my days off, grab a sandwich and a cup of coffee and just relax with some retro games. Any chance you can do two a week so I've always got something to do.

Gonna download the shooting special now. I feel sorry for my wallet after I've watched it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
      Any chance you can do two a week so I've always got something to do.
      You wish Takes ages just doing 1 a month. The hardware section will return in Volume:3 I'm still thinking about what to cover though. It's a toss up between a Sega Mark III, Dreamcast karaoke Unit (Will show it on line and running) or Neo Pocket colour. What would you guys like to see? So far the following games are confirmed for the 3rd Volume.
      SFC - Axelay
      SFC - Run Saber
      FC - Goemon 2 (should have been in this volume but I still haven't played it enought yet)
      Saturn - Technomoto
      Neo Geo - ????
      Mega CD - Bari-Arm
      Arcade - ???
      Sharp X68000 - ????
      Dreamcast - Under Cover Kei
      and for a VS (sort of like the Art Of Fighting I did on vol:2) we'll have Devil Crash on the PC Engine & Mega Drive.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
        You wish Takes ages just doing 1 a month. The hardware section will return in Volume:3 I'm still thinking about what to cover though. It's a toss up between a Sega Mark III, Dreamcast karaoke Unit (Will show it on line and running) or Neo Pocket colour. What would you guys like to see? So far the following games are confirmed for the 3rd Volume.
        SFC - Axelay
        SFC - Run Saber
        FC - Goemon 2 (should have been in this volume but I still haven't played it enought yet)
        Saturn - Technomoto
        Neo Geo - ????
        Mega CD - Bari-Arm
        Arcade - ???
        Sharp X68000 - ????
        Dreamcast - Under Cover Kei
        and for a VS (sort of like the Art Of Fighting I did on vol:2) we'll have Devil Crash on the PC Engine & Mega Drive.

Yakumo

Sounds good to me. Personally, I'd like to see a feature on the Sega Mark III as it's a machine I know next to nothing about. I'm vaguely interested in the DC karaoke kit and know more than I want to about the NGPC. Any chance you'll ever cover games from American or British machines or is this a stricyly jap-only affair?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
          Any chance you'll ever cover games from American or British machines or is this a stricyly jap-only affair?
          Japanese only I'm afraid. There are enough shows that show western gaming goods but hardly any if any that do japanese stuff. As for the Mark III I think that will be the one I'll go with. Just got to find the controller for it now otherwise I'll have to use the Mega Drive one

Yakumo

Comment

*EDIT*Oops, just noticed that I posted this in the wrong thread. Mods feel free to delete this if you want.

Out buying stuff for a customer when I ran in to these beauties that just couldn't be left on the shop shelf :-)

Saturn - Gex - 200 yen (was factory sealed until I opened it)
            Dreamcast - Dancing Blade 2 - 800 yen (Super Minty as new)
            Dreamcast - Mr. Driller - 1000 yen (Mint condition bar the missing spine card)
            Dreamcast - Puzzle Bobble 4 - 850 yen (Super Minty as new)

I was really happy fining these since all of the DC games normally go for 1500 to 2000 yen. Gex was just an impulse buy :-D You know, factory sealed game even if it is crap is still worth buying for a few 100 yen.

Yakumo
            Last edited by Yakumo; 16-11-2004, 05:15.

Comment

Hi Yakumo,

Blindingly enjoyable stuff mate, keep up the good work.

One small criticism, intended in the sweetest possible way......Is it possible to sort out the couple of spelling mistakes on the credits (" Captain, gamers are losing", not"captian" and "loosing") and "witness" rather than "whiteness" at the start of the Saturn shooty one.

Of course, these may just be a witty play on Japlish in an "all your bases" stylee, in which case I'm a dickhead, but otherwise I think this this is the only aspect that detracts a small bit from a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable project.

Thanks for the enjoyment, may there be many more episodes to come.....

Long live RetroCore!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Head
                Hi Yakumo,

Blindingly enjoyable stuff mate, keep up the good work.

One small criticism, intended in the sweetest possible way......Is it possible to sort out the couple of spelling mistakes on the credits (" Captain, gamers are losing", not"captian" and "loosing") and "witness" rather than "whiteness" at the start of the Saturn shooty one.

Of course, these may just be a witty play on Japlish in an "all your bases" stylee, in which case I'm a dickhead, but otherwise I think this this is the only aspect that detracts a small bit from a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable project.

Thanks for the enjoyment, may there be many more episodes to come.....

Long live RetroCore!!!
                Bugger, I never noticed them. That's quite embarrassing. I suppose that's what happens when you do stuff at 4am Sure thing Metal head, I'll sort them out. I was pretty sure that I checked everything before Volume:2? maybe I used the old opening text Anycase thanks for pointing that out

Yakumo

Comment

Just had a watch of volume 1, was pretty good trip down memory lane, and nice feature on wondermega. As mentioned before shame you couldn't set up a live screen capture but other than that definitely good stuff for retro fans! ^_^

Comment

Neo Geo - ????

Yakumo
                    May I suggest Last Resort, if not already covered? I'll look at vol.2 tomorrow, cheers.

Comment

wow the artwork for puzzlebobble 4 and mr driller is so nice. think I'll have to get them to "compliment" my PAL vers, and to replace Bust a Move 4 as that only has 50hz ?_?

usin the ftp thing I was getting stupidly slow download rates on uni network, so think I'll take u up on your offer of them on a DVD in a few weeks time unless someone can get a torrent sorted.

Comment

I'll be putting an update on the Retro Core download page about buying the shows on CD or DVD (Still avi MPEG 4 format). I'll only be charging enough to cover the price of postage and the discs oh and paypal's fees. Won't make any money from it. Keep an eye out on the site this Monday.

Yakumo

Comment

Dude - we want Vol 3 - get on with it man

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                            Dude - we want Vol 3 - get on with it man
                            Volume 3 is made and on my hard drive as I type this Finished it 3 days ago. There are 3 versions being High resolution, Medium and really ****ty low resolution. It will be released on December 10th. It's a Christmas Special too with 30 minutes extra Now I'm working on Volume 4 which will be release on January 10th.

Yakumo

Comment

I watched the Saturn Shooters last night, which I enjoyed. Some interesting inclusions, and there were a couple I'd not seen before. It's always interesting discovering 'new' titles.

Comment

There are infact a few saturn Shooters that I missed from that special which I've only just heard about too Maybe I'll add them to the main Retro Core show some time in the future.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X