No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The server is actually in L.A (USA) -- tell you what, Archive.org is slow as hell for downloads! 8.3k/sec from the FTP... Best I had was 120k, but that didn't last long.

(Damn your stupidly fast connection :P)
    Last edited by SegaMark; 11-05-2007, 19:25.

Comment

Glad its up timed out 6 times tho

Comment

yeah, it's getting hammered over at archive.org. I'll be placing a link for it from SegaMark's mirror later on tonight.

Yakumo

Comment

Mirror now up with volume 32 and many more. Download should be faster than archive.org. - http://retrocore.radiosega.net/ big thanks to SegaMark for the mirror !!

Yakumo

Comment

First of all : I don't know if archive.org has a "no accelerator" policy? I know some other sites have, and I always respect their request when they make clear they don't want you to use download tools etc.

Anyway : as far as I know, archive.org don't have such a policy. So, while I've been having the same problems you all have (6k downloads, waiting 24hrs for one file to arrive, frequent time-outs), I've started using download accelerator plus - and now I've got a consistent (!) download speed of 130-240 k - with multiple files coming it a once. Peaks at 350 k / sec. for single files - might be useful for you guys!

Also : thanks again Yakumo for all the effort you've put into retrocore. A lot of what I know about retro and import gaming today (it's still not too much, granted) I've learned watching your show. As a little "thank you" I'm compiling a searchable index & listing of all the games & stuff you've shown us. Don't know when it'll be ready (might be a few weeks more - I'm swamped at work, as always), but once it's finished I'll pass it on to you!
            Last edited by Swaain; 13-05-2007, 08:47.

Comment

Damn Archive.org was killing me, kept timing out, this mirror is much better, props to Segamark for hosting it.

I somehow managed to miss the video vault on Segagaga as well. Had a look the other day and it saved me from buying the Wangan Heat game for the Saturn after seeing the gameplay footage, so definite thumbs up for that Yakumo.

Comment

Hey, I'm glad the Movie Vault saved you from that God awful racer :nod:

New price guide for the Retro Core DVDs plus a new Full DVD set.

Retro Core DVDs come with full colour high quality printed CDs and covers. Instant access to each game via the DVD menu screen as well as far superior picture and sound quality over the download versions.

Price Guide (Postage via standard airmail included)

1 Volume - 9 pounds

6 Volumes - 40 pounds

25 volumes (Full set - volumes 11 to 32 plus all specials) - 100 pounds

Unfortunately Retro Core Volumes 1 to 10 are not available on DVD due to the original digital tapes being damaged. The only available versions are the download show.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Swaain View Post
                  Also : thanks again Yakumo for all the effort you've put into retrocore. A lot of what I know about retro and import gaming today (it's still not too much, granted) I've learned watching your show. As a little "thank you" I'm compiling a searchable index & listing of all the games & stuff you've shown us. Don't know when it'll be ready (might be a few weeks more - I'm swamped at work, as always), but once it's finished I'll pass it on to you!
                  hey, that's great. I have a full listing of what games featured on what show anlong with what format as an excel file if that's any use to you.

Yakumo

Comment

Finally got the show love they NFS opener, we get kids in the shop all the time asking for the first NFS they look confused when I say "on the 3do? or thw ps1/saturn port" I love breaking the news that Carbon was NFS 10 lol

Comment

Working...
                    X