Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Core Information

Retro Core Volume 2 is now completed and will be available from November 10th. The show is 362 Meg for the high resolution version with a running time of 1 hour. The show needs to be rared up so it possibly could be only 340 Meg to download. Medium resolution version will also be available.

Not only is there a new Retro Core but also a Retro Core Saturn Shooting Special !! This show features almost all the Saturn shooters ever released. If you know it then it's probably on here. The show is 636 Meg in size but still needs to be rared so it could be smaller. The Saturn Shooting Special runs for 1 hour 10 minutes. I'll be making medium and low resolution versions too for the release.

Yakumo
    Last edited by Yakumo; 08-11-2005, 14:34. Reason: Changed to a Retro Core thread

Any chance you could do Eps 1 + 2 plus the special on a couple of DVD-Rs? They'd make lovely chrimbo pressies and I'm sure everyone would be willing to pay a fair bit for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
      Any chance you could do Eps 1 + 2 plus the special on a couple of DVD-Rs? They'd make lovely chrimbo pressies and I'm sure everyone would be willing to pay a fair bit for them.
      Yes, that's possible. Souldn't take that long to do. Can't make them DVD player compatable though. that would take too long to re-encode them. But I can just stick the .avi files on to a DVD for watching on a PC.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
        Yes, that's possible. Souldn't take that long to do. Can't make them DVD player compatable though. that would take too long to re-encode them. But I can just stick the .avi files on to a DVD for watching on a PC.

Yakumo
        Keep us updated on that.

Comment

Sorry to sound like a n00b, but where will these files be hosted? And are there any backlog vids worth checking out that are still downloadable?

Comment

The files will be hosted on my FTP. You'll need FTP software to access them. Best get smart FTP. It's really easy to use and free. you can get it from http://www.smartftp.com The login details can be found at http://www.segagagadomain.com/retrocore.htm

For other nice videos check oyt my main site at http://www.segagagadomain.com

Yakumo

Comment

Thanks for the URL. I can't wait to check these out.

Comment

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but from the bits I have seen, I am impressed.

One thing I'd like to suggest is rather than having the commentary while you play, watch it after you've played it and editied it together and do the commentary then. Just a suggestion.

Can't wait to check out the thing in full, as well as the new one you're releasing tomorrow. And that Saturn Shooters special as well.

Is there

Comment

Checking out those shooters on the Mega CD and especially the Saturn really make me want to get into import gaming. If I only I had more of a cash flow at the moment...

I used to have Silpheed, and thought it was pretty average at the time, but after watching a pro play it and seeing some of the later levels the game has to offer I wish I hadn't sold it off.

I'm dying to check out the Saturn shooters special now.

Excellent work Yakumo, I really enjoyed it. Even my housemates who aren't usually impressed with these types of games, were very interested in this video and actually wanted to give these games a go!

Comment

Originally posted by IcePak
                    I used to have Silpheed, and thought it was pretty average at the time, but after watching a pro play it and seeing some of the later levels the game has to offer I wish I hadn't sold it off.

I'm dying to check out the Saturn shooters special now.

Excellent work Yakumo, I really enjoyed it. Even my housemates who aren't usually impressed with these types of games, were very interested in this video and actually wanted to give these games a go!
                    Yet another happy viewer I must say that when I was playing Silphhed on that video, I was playing really badly. I can't talk and play atthe same time Still at least you got to see the later levels.

The Saturn Shooting Special is now online with about 60 shoots I think. I still haven't watched it myself yet.

Yakumo

Comment

just ftp, no http links?

Comment

sorry. Only FTP. I can't host a Bit Torrent through my IP My homepage can't take the amount of bandwidth that hosting the files there would cause. So for now it's FTP only. Still, use Smart FTP and you'll have no problems.

Yakumo

Comment

sorry, not an option. no need for smart ftp, i can access the site through explorer or whatever but i'm not taking the time out to get it from home

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                            sorry, not an option. no need for smart ftp, i can access the site through explorer or whatever but i'm not taking the time out to get it from home
                            You could just leave the PC downloading over night

Yakumo

Comment

No, that's not the point -- it'll download in about ten minutes but I'm not wasting my bandwidth at home to do it I was interested but I'm not now I can't get it without having to think about it XD

Comment

Working...
                              X