Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Darker" look prevails, Prince 2 outsells The Sands of time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an interview with the guy who produced the PoP games in NGC. Choice quote concerning the new look:

Originally posted by Yannis Mallat
    I decided that the original Prince was good value, but just not Interesting. Intriguing, but not interesting. We concluded we had to give him an 'edge' - a darker, more mature look. And we actually compared him with other game characters to make sure we got it right.
    >_<

NGC's view on the new Prince:

He looks like he's been dipped in a bucket of pubes

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
      Would be interesting to know what percentage of those sales were US... I suspect the vast majority.
      Wow, that's beautiful, man.

So far I've personally found the art direction of WW to be woefully lacking in comparison to SoT, but the gameplay itself (the combat and platforming) are a marked improvement. Does one equal out or better the other? Ain't for me to say.

Comment

Bought and completed the first one at launch, which is very rare for a console game. Won't be touching this sequel though.

The whole dark, gruff "bad-ass" look is so tired and predictable, they might as well of went the whole way and given him a big scar down his face and a skateboard made of rusty metal. One of the comics on Penny Arcade summed it up well - "I seethe with generic rage"

Comment

Originally posted by Fire
          they might as well of went the whole way and given him a big scar down his face
          Too late, they did that

Comment

Working...
          X