Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Brain Fanzine

anyone remember this, was wicked!

yeah i remember that, acquired it from some little pakistani shop... quite short but made for entertaining reading.

Comment

The mythical magazine I never bought

From what I remember it was a well respected fanzine made by a Chinese guy who was obviously really into the import scene. I saw a few features on it, and it looked really high quality, its just a shame he never got signed-up by a publisher to produce a proper mag.

Is he still around, maybe he is on the net these days???

Comment

Great fanzine that went belly up when the publisher they signed with folded.

They had great articles on PC Engine shooters i remember, i too wonder what happened to the guy who ran it

Comment

I remember this, anyone got any pics to jog the memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
            i too wonder what happened to the guy who ran it
            The editor was Onn Lee.

His website > http://freespace.virgin.net/onn.lee/home.htm

No updates since Y2K.

Comment

Here's newer site by Onn Lee

http://insertdisc.co.uk/index.html

Last edited by 2FreshRecords; 03-01-2005, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
                They had great articles on PC Engine shooters
                Yes, my fave bit!

Comment

Onn Lee, now i remember.

I remember this mag now, use to get this all the time at the beginning of the grey import scene. Back then it just focused on the 2 consoles available, Megadrive & PC Engine. The mag was in black & white (i think he just use to print them of his computer then photocopy them)a few years before it went official. Remember reading the review of side arms on PC Engine with pics, cool game. Also had a high scores section and tips section. Got a cheat put in the mag for Altered Beast, to go any creature on any stage. Think i only bought it once when it went offical, shame

Might have a copy of the original black & white mag knocking around somewhere.

Comment

Wow, I`m amazed people can remember Electric Brain.

I used to be a reviewer before it all went to hell.

What you probably don`t know is that we tried to resurrect it a few years later but due to the increase in widely published magazines, it only lived for a few editions then we decide to give up and let the good memories live... we don`t even have copies of the old stuff anymore

Which is a shame `cause there was some funny stuff in them

Comment

It was a class mag. If i remember correctly they has a high score page and i also had a letter printed. I was ranting about my disgust of the SFC version of R-Type.
                      It were great being a lad back then....

Comment

Yeah, met Onn through some mates in the C64/Amiga cracking scene. (used to go under the name BLACK MARKER as graphics artist)
                        1st saw the PCEngine at his place, which I didn't like, (my first experience of sprite flicker???) 'cos the Amiga version was so good. (boy, was I wrong).
                        Got his mag around issue 5 up to when it packed in.
                        Used to be called <PCEngine Mazine> then went to Electric Brain, remember the ad on TV??, when it started to cover all the other consoles; Snes/MD/NeoGeo etc. (still got em in a box I think)

Comment

It would be great to get some scans going on the old interweb.

Comment

That sounds like a damn good idea, getting the old mag scanned and making it viewable on the net.

I`ll have to get in contact with Onn and see if he has any of the old mags etc lying around.

Haven`t spoken to him in an age due to RL interference ft:

But i`ll you know how it pans out

Comment

Hi All,

I have most nearly all the issues of electric brain plus a fair few of the fanzine when it was call console mag'zine. I would love to be able to scan all the issues I have but I'm abroad atm and the mags are at my parents in storage

It was deinitely one of the best console mags to read and extremely funny sometimes. If I remember correctly Onn was a huge amiga fan too

Comment

Working...
                              X