Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does no one else roll with Microsoft Security Essentials?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Does no one else roll with Microsoft Security Essentials?
      I do.

Comment

Does no one else roll with Microsoft Security Essentials.. Well I do. But the last update very nearly fried my Win7 ultimate install. Had to repair during boot up.

Comment

I used to. Then I realised it caused more problems than it was worth as it was locking up my harddrive with background scans (I've not detected a virus using antivirus in the last 4 years... stay away from .exe files from dodgy sources). A lot of them interfere with development too.

Now I'm going commando, and all my machines feel twice as fast... can't imagine going back to them. The key is to keep your other software up to date and stay off dodgy sites.

Comment

inSSIDer http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

Nifty little tool, had massive streaming buffering issues over several weeks. Using this tool found that too many people using the same channel (11). Moved it, and fine since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bredrin View Post
              inSSIDer http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

Nifty little tool, had massive streaming buffering issues over several weeks. Using this tool found that too many people using the same channel (11). Moved it, and fine since then.
              Yep great tool.

Comment

Cheers for that. Great on the Nexus tablet!

My neighbour's BT router keeps changing channel. It's a massive PITA. So I was on 5 because they were on 11, but today they are on 7 (I was noticing wifi being weird), so I changed to 13 based on this app. No overlap now.

Comment

Aye, problem is that many of the routers nowadays auto switch.

Comment

Xvid4PSP - crops edges off videos (amongst other things), either via auto-detect if black, or via pixel distance from all 4 edges. Just came in very handy for cropping a webinar that the user had forgot to do full screen so could see the windows stuff - amateurish.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 29-01-2016, 16:34.

Comment

VSDC video editor is very cool and free. Pro version has a few extras like better chromakey and hardware acceleration.

Comment

Working...
                      X