Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Winds of Thunder' is the best shooter ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Winds of Thunder' is the best shooter ever!

The sequal to 'Gate Of thunder', 'Winds of Thunder' on PC Engine SCD IMO is the best Shooter of all time!
    Released in the US under the title 'Lords Of Thunder' This game kicks arse with serious frantic shooting action, it has the best sound track to a game i've heard ever, although i'm not a fan of Heavy Metal music in this game it really rocks(excuse the pun) , also the packaging and game artwork is by f*cking Masamune Shirow!!
    Sold all my Engine gear a couple of years back, so no longer have it

US version cover

Screen shots:

Music clips:
    http://pcenginebible.roarvgm.com/Mus...Thunder_18.mp3

http://pcenginebible.roarvgm.com/Mus...Thunder_12.mp3
    Last edited by 2FreshRecords; 03-01-2005, 16:18.

I hear the pc engine is home to some classics. i was wondering - is there a decent emu for the xbox that runs all the pc engine stuff? I would really like to play some of them and I'd absolutely love to play dracula x. Does anyone know of anybody I could ask who might be willing to supply a disk with it on?

Comment

Originally posted by sausage lips
      I'd absolutely love to play dracula x.
      AAAAAAmazing game! by far the best Castlevania game ever!
      Again sold my copy a few years ago

i was wondering - is there a decent emu for the xbox that runs all the pc engine stuff?
      I don't know anything really about EMUs, i've heard theres a good PCE emu called Magic Engine though.

I'm thinking bout gettin an XBox to get it mod'd, would also like to know bout playin engine games on it
      Last edited by 2FreshRecords; 03-01-2005, 16:32.

Comment

i just looked on ebay and it was $150 buy bow. **** that, I'd still have to fork out for a pc engine. I heard someone had ported it to xbox though so until I'm rich and famous I will have to try and hunt down a copy of it that way. I'm fixated with castlevania games. Oh, by the way, the screens of that game look absolutely stunning. especially that boss. It gets me how some pc engine games look worse than nes titles and a few look a million times better than decent looking snes games.

I suppose it's the cd duo turbo whatever things that look good. I'm useless with pc engine stuff.

Comment

Wrong !!

Soukygurentai is the best shooter ever made.

LOT is a great shooter though, with aweome music. I have the Mega CD version

Comment

I agree. sukyougurentai is amazing. raizings finest hour I'd say. I only have the psx version and I hear its wank compared to the saturn but I still love it.

Comment

It gets me how some pc engine games look worse than nes titles and a few look a million times better than decent looking snes games.
              Some of the earlier (late 80s) titles on the engine where a bit ropey in the graphics department, (except obvious games like RType) I think later when it had to go up against the likes of the SFC it really pulled out all the stops, remember it is an 8bit machine!

Comment

imo WOT has been surpassed and doesnt offer anything anymore

I agree. sukyougurentai is amazing. raizings finest hour I'd say
                Personally i thought souky wasnt all that, imo Batrider V2 was there finest game. Although im not a huge Raizing fan compared to Psikyo and Cave i dont like their style.

Comment

I agree. sukyougurentai is amazing. raizings finest hour I'd say. I only have the psx version and I hear its wank compared to the saturn but I still love it.
                  Yes it is. Do you self a favour and get the Saturn version

Comment

Originally posted by Pij
                    WOT is the original Hardcore gamers game
                    GAME OVER

Comment

lol who are you kidding its easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pij

Personally i thought souky wasnt all that, imo Batrider V2 was there finest game. Although im not a huge Raizing fan compared to Psikyo and Cave i dont like their style.
                        Other way around me. I don't like the art or Bullet patterns in most Cave shooters ,and hate the short levels found in Psikyo shooters.

RAIZING are kings. Souky and Battle Garegga are the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                          Other way around me. I don't like the art or Bullet patterns in most Cave shooters ,and hate the short levels found in Psikyo shooters.

RAIZING are kings. Souky and Battle Garegga are the best ever.
                          I think most raizing stuff is both pretty **** and pretty unfair, the hit box is massive and the bullets are so small you can hardly see them on games like battle garegga and battle bakraid. As for batrider, its just impossible but sukyo gurentai, that was pure class in every way.

I'm personally a bit of a cave fanfox to be honest and I've got a huge crush on dodonpachi and esp ra.de.

Comment

Dunno about on Saturn, but Sukyblah blah was nice, but far too easy on PSX.
                            I dunno what the best shooter ever is, imo i'd say Raystorm, if not DoDonPachi.

Granted for cough *shooterfabois*cough they aint the 100% money shot, but i prefer graphics & sound to shooting prescision.l

Comment

Meh, you guys don't know what you're talking about-Garegga is Raizing's finest by far

I find the rest of Raizings stuff to be overrated tbh ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X