No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of these trophies look very difficult...

Comment

Enjoying my 2nd run ... saving up for the infinite rocket launcher ... a game-breaking weapon that I can't wait to get my hands on

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Enjoying my 2nd run ... saving up for the infinite rocket launcher ... a game-breaking weapon that I can't wait to get my hands on
        Make sure to try and get the Leon with rocket launcher charm from the shooting gallery machine. It takes 20% off the price, down to 1.6mil!

Beat the game for a 6th time yesterday, defo recommend S+ pro run then do the Minimalist (handguns and knives only) run with the Cat ears (Inf ammo on all guns), the Matilda rips through just about everything!

Also, getting S rank on each Mercs Level once will net you the Handcannon, far far easier way to unlock it. Mercenaries is fun but very easy this time round.

1000/1000 gamerscore done, now I'm tempted to go back and try and get the last few achievements for RE2R

Comment

Nice one @Quenben ... I have that rocket launcher charm and it didn't occur to me I could use it on the infinite version too

Haven't tried Mercs mode yet but looking forward to giving it a go.

Comment

Finished this over the weekend. It's an absolute banger. Nothing too scary just lots of great combat. The guns, the feeling of popping a head and following up with a kick or suplex, it just makes you feel great. I played on Standard mode and I'm half tempted to go back in on Hardcore.

Is it worthy of the full price asking? I'd say yes well and truly. The graphics are amazing. The gameplay tweaking/remaking is exquisite ( I went back to GC original and nearly died in real life trying to control the game).

It's great to play a game which has (sadly now seen as a negative) slightly linear map with some backtracking for treasures etc, with great combat etc. It feel sweet and compact. Goddamn you overwhelming open worlds!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              the feeling of popping a head
              It never gets dull. I love the tuned up bolt-action rifle + high power scope combo ... entering a new area and clearing fools in the distance. So satisfying.

I'm at the Island again in my 2nd run. I missed the Disgrace of the Salazer Family side mission again ... must remember that on my 3rd ...

Still ... I'm half way to saving up for that infinite rl

Comment

Still ... I'm half way to saving up for that infinite rl
                I only waited until i had enough that selling my maxed out guns would be enough to get me over the 1.6mil line. Although I kept my riot gun shotgun for close encounters

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                  I only waited until i had enough that selling my maxed out guns would be enough to get me over the 1.6mil line.
                  It's funny you say that, I noticed my maxed-out Blacktail is worth 300k ... not sure I could part with it though

Although I kept my riot gun shotgun for close encounters

Comment

It's funny you say that, I noticed my maxed-out Blacktail is worth 300k ... not sure I could part with it though

After another 1-2 playthroughs, and completing the easier Merchant quests and grabbing treasures along the way you'll have plenty of dosh to buy whatever you want. You can also sell G+R+Y herbs for 20k if you have the Rhinobeetle charm (double value for selling health items)

Comment

What would you rather have... Resident Evil 9 to have an entirely new approach (state if like), keep going with 7 and 8's approach (first-person) or bring out a new RE but using RE4 Remake gameplay design?

Comment

What would you rather have... Resident Evil 9 to have an entirely new approach (state if like), keep going with 7 and 8's approach (first-person) or bring out a new RE but using RE4 Remake gameplay design?
                        I'd be quite happy to see RE9 as a sort of conclusion to the existing RE franchise/cannon, get Leon and Jill back, Chris would inevitably be in it anyway. I'd love for it to be third person and take a lot of inspiration from RE4R, like Village did with OG4. But I'd also be happy to see more horror elements too. First Person would be alright too.

Comment

I absolutely loved RE:4 on the gamecube, felt flawless back in the day, absolutely rinsed it strangers..

So i pre-ordered early (Digital deluxe) and the movement of the main character is annoying me, just feels wooden, played upto the lake with the giant eel, but certainly not loving it as much as i did the first time through

rose tinted meh

Comment

I nearly cried during the initial village bit. I felt overwhelmed, but just needed

to survive. Are there more bits like that, but where you don't get saved by the bell?
                            Ive seen a video where the guy just runs ontop of the main building and shoots the bell and the ring actually starts the cut scene where they all feck off, i really struggled the first time through, kept on trying to keep distance but those guys with the shovels have some reach

Comment

In the village just run to the cowshed then keep going in a circle till the clock runs out. They'll never lay a finger on you.

For RE9 I want a return back toward classic zombies and first person gone

Comment

This was... decent. I really don't know where I could draw the line that my own over familiarity with the prior RE4 releases dampened the experience as it went on. It's very clearly well done but I think there was still an element of knowing the experience too well and so it had a lack of freshness the prior remakes had. RE4 was probably the entry least in need of a remake too. Likewise, by the time I was halfway through the castle it began to really sink in how much the first half is superior to the second half. It's very much the version of RE4 I would go to but at the same time... I'm not sure I need to go back to any RE4 again in future rather than leave it to the memories at last.

Comment

Working...
                                X