No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i am speaking for the people of earth when i echo Glazza's question:

does it work with freeloader!

Comment

I don't think Cella et all would know if it works with Freeloader, since they will own US Gamecubes

Come on JRM, give us your opinion!

Adam, the burning body, added gore and head-being-chopped-off-by-chainsaw-dude were all in the tradeshow demo, but were cut from the home demo for whatever reason.

Not long now...and no, you didn't see me in this thread

Comment

Heh, I know what you mean Mr Pete...

I?ve been trying to stay out of the Resident Evil 4 threads but I cant help it! It?s like being asked to keep guard of a sweetie jar but told not to take any of the sweets? Sure, it?s possible to resist when you have two-judging eyes scorching your every move? but as soon as they turn their head? BAM! Hand is in that jar so fast even Bruce Lee would be impressed

Really really need this now. So much so it isnt funny anymore ^_^
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I know! It's painful, this is my most hyped game since Halo2...in fact by the time Halo2 was out I was almost tired of it, where as I've been patiently awaiting Resi4 (until now!), looking forward to it from the sidelines...I think that makes Resi4 my most hyped game in a very long time!

I'm gonna rip that seal off faster than you can say "holy ****, chainsaw guy!".

Comment

Does this use the same control system as other resi evil games?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
              Does this use the same control system as other resi evil games?
              Thankfully no or I wouldn't be bothering, this should be much more natural to use

Comment

I know in the demo that you couldn't invert the axis, can this be done in the full game by any chance??

Comment

Im pretty sure the main bulk of the default control scheme is classic RE. The only new buttons i can think of are 'Z' for binoculors and when holding 'R' you can move the C-stick to precisely aim your gun.

Going from the Biohazard 4 demo at least.

Comment

The control system is the same as previous Biohazards, pretty much. However, the reason it works fine is due to the change in camera angle.

The one area I really don't see why Capcom haven't added to though is strafing. You couldn't do it in the demo, and you apparently can't do it in the full game. Even though it's crying out for it.

Comment

Personally, i've always found the resi games a little meh, really like the atmosphere but the clunky mechanics got in the way, don't get me wrong i can understand why people love it so much, but this looks like the next level, i just hope they manage to keep the suspensful atmosphere.

Gotta echo Pete's comments this is my most looked forward to game since F Zero, please be here by the weekend! My gf and i have decided we're gonna have an all day-a-thon which we haven't done with a game for some time.

Comment

What i mean is can i change the controls so that when i press down, he aims up and when i press up, he aims down??

Because in the demo it was up to aim up, down to aim down!

Comment

People were replying to Neil's question. We won't know (those from the UK) until shipments arrive here. US forum users might be able to help you though when they're around.

Comment

DOH!! Of course!!

Comment

Re the lack of inverted controls, is it up = up that it's stuck on or up = down?

25 hours of gameplay! they say. I wonder how much is gameplay and how much is cutscenes/ codec spiel..

Comment

The demo was up = up, which i can't use very well !! I always invert controls, but i suppose everyone is different!!

Comment

Working...
                                X