No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to invert, it feels weird without it but I haven't heard any bad news concerning the subject so I assume you'll be able to change it!

Comment

I tried playing another RE game sometime back..I am not sure the name of it) the one were you go into the fire place room and there's a type writer in there..then you go threw the door and around a corner is a guy on the ground with a zombie eating him....that game for me was so hard to control..It turned me off the game all together because I just didnt get the controls of it got frusterated and quit it.

this one is so much easier even I can play and manuver with out a problem...it's like it should be really the grey button is all your movement..if you look up, so does he..down the same and side to side...also you can kinda peer around a corner a bit iirc by pushing the yellow one to the side to...but mainly the yellow button (toggle) whatever is there to zoom with

you will hit places were your on a path in the woods and the villagers are up above and push giant boulders off the cliffs..it will tell you what buttons you need to push to avoid them..but we made the mistake after the first time it happened thinking it would be the same manuvers as the first time...it's not, it will call for different buttons each time so assume nothing

I think Alex was up the entire night playing this...he outta be a real love joy today

Comment

That was Resident Evil Remake you played cella (unless you went completely old school and hunted out the Playstation original?) and? yep, it is one clunky beast to control. Though, in its defense there were a number of alternative methods to use. The one where you pressed down the R trigger was the least awkward imo? (though to be honest, neither of the controls ever bothered me. meh)

But! Playing RE4 (well, for me the demo) and then going back to the previous Resident Evils... *blinks*

...It really, truly becomes apparent how old and unnecessary awkward they were. So, a mighty hurrah to Capcom this time round as it allows anyone to get to grips with the controls quickly.

Also... its about bloody time they allowed us to actually AIM where we wish to shoot. Another hurrah for that! ^_^

*Adam's excitement is becoming more and more profound*

Arh, i cant hold it back anymore...

*waves hands and giggles excitedly*
        Last edited by Adam Stone; 12-01-2005, 11:38.
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Aw man i cant wait for this to arrive. I fired in the famitsu demo last night for a quick blast.......its gonna be soo great to play the full game.

I hear the chainsaw controller has been delayed?

Comment

Feb on lik-sang

Comment

Looks a more sensible design than the normal GC pad

Comment

Careful you don't cut your mates' legs of who is to the left of you!!

Comment

from another forum. freeloader works... it seems...

Comment

Urgh, I feel like the living dead this morning. Was up all night playing the game, contemplated going online and filling you in late last night but thought, meh. Too tired.

I've seen some pretty sick **** in my time, and some of those moments belong to Carpenters 'The Thing' I think Capcom really felt inspired by that movie, there's some really twisted moments in RE4 that just show how much this games come forward. Playing this in the dark late at night, fighting the third boss, I was horrified.

Oh yeah. Theres some truly jumpy moment's throughout the RE4, but I don't want to spoil ANYTHING for you. Even a hint would dilute the experience for you. I suggest you lot follow suit, let's not ruin the enjoyment for everybody else!

And rain! I've got this weird thing for rain in my videogames. An awesome, atmospheric experience it is!
                    Last edited by taurusnipple; 12-01-2005, 13:18.

Comment

Oh excellent, I love rain too!
                      Sounds good though, glad it wasn't just hype from magazines etc and that the actual real gamers love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone

Out of interest... have you come across many plot details yet? Have there been any dairy-like notes lying around? I suppose it is too early to say...

Anyhoo... Really really excited about experiencing this.

Adam, as far as the plot details go...I won't spoil it for you, seems theres a twist though. I've noticed there isn't as many journals lying around to read. Maybe further into the game.

Oh, one for replay value here, there's a part in RE4 where you can choose one of two routes depending on how brave you feel. You can only choose one however, stuck to my guns and went the 'Left' path.

Comment

One quick question guys,
                          How much does 16:9 format change the game, or is playing in the 4:3 mode still okay i.e: Not a noticable change in this experience?

Comment

Cool, I just did a suplex by acident! Dunno how I did it, was near a wall, maybe it's the same requirements as a kick? Looks awesome though!

Remember Zelda OoT's mini games, like archery etc? There's a bunch of these in RE4 too, I just spent the better part of an hour trying to earn something

Comment

Sounds great and thanks for all the impressions but I've got one question nagging me and it's: does it still feel like Resident Evil or is it more a very good action adventure with Biohazard slapped on ? Stuff like few journals/memo's to read is scaring me a bit.

More info please Adam

Comment

Defo Resident Evil, more so now that I've progressed! Puzzles haven't stumped me at all if I'm honest though. There's loads of really great fight out's to be had and some unexpected plot twists too. RE4 has managed to piss on all the other RE's from a great height, there's some horrific foes to fight, and I've not stopped jumping from an unexpected attack. I've found myself swearing at these cheeky ambushers, after I **** a brick of course! No way near as many journals as previous RE's though.

Comment

Working...
                                X