Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 4

I actually wasn't expecting much from this. Same **** new look I was thinking. Wrong of course. Everything about the game is so smooth, you can forgive the widescreen (got a big TV anyway) though I was expecting to be bitching about that aspect. Visually the games sweet, though many know that.

The game starts with an intro, Leon being in a car with two officers. The voice acting for Leon seems out of place for my ears, though everything else seems pretty good, especially for an RE! Sound effects are great, theres a couple of options for sound lovers, great for my setup.

New features to the series include interactive cinematic moments (if you will) Such as looking upon a staked burning man, you can zoom in with your binaculars and look around. Nice addition, seen it before perhaps but it's nice to know the RE series is evolving.

Controls. Again, wasn't expecting much from this, in some way's I'm let down again. Why the f*ck are we not making use of anaolgue sensitivity? Holding B to run is silly these day's I'm sorry. However, like I said before, everything is so much smoother and fluid you can forgive it. I did.

The game promises so much, I can't wait to get back to it, gonna be fighting Cella for this one. I can feel something special about this game already though. Two discs btw.

Mmmmm...I'm interested to hear more when you get into it. When it comes to RE, I'm definitely Mr.Skeptic. I've played and finished almost all of them and they really all amounted to updates of the same game. I did enjoy them but each one, even if technically improved, got more familiar to the point where it got really dull. Even the GC versions and their lovely backgrounds didn't thrill me. If RE4 doesn't have a mansion and a secret lab, I'll be stunned. In fact, if it amounts to anything new at all I'll be stunned.

And yet it looks so pretty...

Anyway, let us know if there is more to this game than the previous ones.

Dogg.

Comment

I think there is a lot more to this than previous ones, judging by all the comments and reviews of it I've read. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

please post more impressions taurusnipple (or cella)

Comment

The C stick is a nice addition too, being able to move the camera slightly add's to the whole smoothness I was talking about. Some excellent attention to detail in the game, few touch it in that regard.

EDIT: gonna play more now 'oh my car'!

Comment

OOOOOOOOOo MYYYYYYYYYYYYY GAWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDD

I simply caint beleive it..un****enbeleivabley awesome game..and that says alot coming from me cuz I dont play video games

I actually jumped a few times while the zombies first ran out infront of me...I noticed they are speaking spanish the first zombie you encounter calls you a cabrone which in spanish means asshole ...so if you know spanish you will be able to understand what the zombies are saying

the graphics are so intense and the controls SO MUCH EASIER to manuver vs the last RE games which is great for me as I had a really hard time the last Re I tried playing..

Guys everyone needs to get this game..honestly..I havent got far in it as I just hit the first village and though the people there are not zombies they are trying to kill you just the same..once there alerted to your presense they all come after you with ax's and pitchforks they throw them at you from distances, I tried hiding in a house and they started jumping threw the wimdows by the number fulls...

I have to have Alex erase my sims data so I can start saving my own file as there isnt enough room on the memory card..so I will have to go threw this again tonight but I actually look forward to it..

those of you who are skeptackle need to buy this game it really is worth every penny and I swear you wont be dissapointed!

Comment

"zombies"

I'm looking forward to it so much.

Comment

Cella and TN did you get the special edition version or the standard ?

I've just heared that the US special edition soundtrack CD is music from the first and second film

I could have sworn that it was supposed to be a RE4 soundtrack

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                Cella and TN did you get the special edition version or the standard ?

I've just heared that the US special edition soundtrack CD is music from the first and second film

I could have sworn that it was supposed to be a RE4 soundtrack

We didnt get the special edition.

Comment

Tis a shame this isnt a multiplayer game...I thought it would be but sadly I was informed it's not...I love it and atm my oldest son is playing and all you can hear from the other room is him saying WHOAHHHHHH!! so apparentley the village people are giving him a bit of a scare to...would be fun fer the whole family if we could play it together

Comment

...maybe some other dream Cella.

Anyway, my favourite RE was Nemises btw. I loved Mercanaries, you remember how you complete the game and you get the 3 merc's? Remember how you played for cash, to buy weapon upgrades and so forth? Well that's what made that my favourite RE. Anyway, much to my delight theres a a similar purchase system in place! You collect currency and buy weapons and upgrades from a dodgy dealer, awesome stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by cella
                      so apparentley the village people are giving him a bit of a scare to...
                      intentionaly funny?

Comment

There's supposed to be cool extras and minigames once you complete it a la Mercanaries in RE4 too!

Comment

Does it work with Freeloader 106b on a pal machine guys?

TIA.

G

Comment

I was actually hoping for Adam Stone to be getting a copy soon after myself, his enthusiasm is infectious! (apt for a RE title that!) Harldy needed though, the games the aces!

lll_r0ssco_lll, glad to hear that too!

Comment

Hehe

I should have my copy soon hopefully ^_^

I played the Japanese version to death a few months back so am incredibly excited about getting my little paws on the final version. Did you play the demo Mr taurusnipple sir? I?ve seen a few screens which suggest there are several changes made, such as some poor bugger roasting in the center of the village? something which wasn't present in the demo.

I?m a huge fan of the Resident Evil series, absolutely adore the characters (read a few books which helped grasp a greater understanding of what makes them tick etc) and, well, just generally think the whole plot surrounding the T-virus (the sinister motives which wrought it into existence) is absolutely top rate stuff.

I?m obviously really excited about playing this new Resident Evil for all of the new gameplay elements its bringing to the series (and just generally playing around with all the little new touches. Like? say, being able to either calmly open a door or kick it down! or spending ages torturing the Spanish-talking-village-dudes by shooting their body parts and then finishing em off with a round house kick to the face) but?

? I?m just as intrigued to see how Resident Evil 4?s plot pans out. Can?t wait to see what Umbrella have been up to (if anything at all?)

I still think Capcom have done an amazing job (absolutely admirable job) making a Resident Evil that has the potential to appeal to so many different people who different likes and dislikes. Like Cella mentioned above, people who got tired of RE?s tiring formula can thoroughly enjoy what RE4 offers.

I suppose? some ?fans? of the series who never got tired of the clunky controls and slow pace may be a little pessimistic (only until they get the blasted thing in their hands though, I know I was a little? ?hmmm?? when I first heard of RE4?s drastic change. But in reality, after playing the demo it is clear that it?s still Resident Evil, just? a lot better)

Out of interest... have you come across many plot details yet? Have there been any dairy-like notes lying around? I suppose it is too early to say...

Anyhoo... Really really excited about experiencing this.
                              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                              X