Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets put the argument to rest! What is the rarest PAL Megadrive game ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets put the argument to rest! What is the rarest PAL Megadrive game ever??

Most people generally believe TETRIS to the rarest of all MEGA DRIVE games but what is the rarest PAL Mega Drive game??????? ANYBODY???? - Sorry loe what was that? (my poor impression of Little Britain!)

And please don?t say Alien Soldier or Streets Of Rage III
    Last edited by MartyG; 21-01-2005, 13:19.

Sonic 2

Comment

Nightmare Circus.

Or are we not counting Brazilian PAL?

Tirian

Comment

Rare as in; hard to find/limited production/highest price ?

Comment

Alien Soldier and Streets of Rage III

Seriously though how is anyone gonna know...you could make a guess if you knew what the productions runs were...you would know if you knew how many copies there were currently in existence..but where to find such info.

Also are you talking UK Pal..or european/australian/brazilian too?

Anyway I would class the following as htf...some more h than others

The Punisher
          Death and Return of Superman
          Art of Fighting
          Saturday Night Slam Masters
          Megaman Wily Wars
          Fatal Fury 2
          Spiderman The Animated Series
          Daze Before Christmas

and for the mcd

Samurai Shodown
          Theme Park
          Syndicate
          Fatal Fury Special

(not shining force or snatcher)

and Brazilian

Nightmare Circus
          Woody Woodpecker

Comment

Well i was thinking about UK PAL or EUROPEAN????????? p.s. the guy who said sonic 2! -what a funny guy!

Comment

well rare as in worth the most!

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock
                well rare as in worth the most!
                priciest doesn't equal rarest lol.....you'd pay more for a mint SoR III than say AoF..but you see AoF far less frequently. Also prices fluctuate wildly...go to ebay, arrange by price highest first and knock yourself out

Comment

i guess your right, i mean there is a good complete edition of Art of fighting on MD PAL and its at ?20, i know i can definately get an unboxed one for ?3 is this worth it dya think?

Comment

As far as I know, Fatal Fury 2 was only Australia - I believe that his has been confirmed with Sega of Europe too. If we are including Australian games, then Ecco Jr deserves a mention too.

Personally, I have not seen a single complete copy of Nightmare Circus on sale anywhere for a loooong time. It's been quite some while since I saw even a loose cart of it - I would predict that if a complete copy turned up on eBay tomorrow, you would be hard pressed to find any European / Australian / Brazilian Megadrive game that could match the price it would go for.

Tirian

Comment

?3..sure if you want to play the game and don't mind cart only. If not then no I guess (but tbh I'd spend ?3 on most things even if it was just to try it out)

Comment

ok one final thing, dya know of any good sites to get these rare bloody games from????????? apart from ebay or would one have to physically trael to JAPAN?????

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock
                          Well i was thinking about UK PAL or EUROPEAN????????? p.s. the guy who said sonic 2! -what a funny guy!
                          Sos, just one of those flippent 5 seconds.

It's strange how titles from different regions are rare. I couldn't believe it when someone said that the JAP Comix Zone was a rare game. Interesting topic, on with the debate.

Comment

Well, you wouldn't get much joy travelling to Japan to find rare PAL games

I think that you will find that the majority of websites that deal with retro games will largely deal with the popular titles, and the 'faux-rare' titles. Partly because the real rarities are actually very hard to find, and partly because the ones that are really rare are actually not very well known to be rare, and will attract very little interest.

Take the Saturn - everyone knows that Panzer Dragoon Saga and Dragon Force will rake in the pennies, so you get endless copies of those in retro online shops and on ebay etc. But try finding a copy of Courier Crisis if you will!!

Tirian

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Bradbury

It's strange how titles from different regions are rare. I couldn't believe it when someone said that the JAP Comix Zone was a rare game. Interesting topic, on with the debate.
                              What of Batman Forever then...lol..twice as pricey as comix zone

Comment

Working...
                              X