Rarest PCEngine Games??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rarest PCEngine Games??

What do you think are the rarest engine games on each of its various formats:

1- HuCard=?
    2- SuperGrafx=?
    3- CDrom2=?
    4- SuperCDrom2=?
    5- ArcadeCard=?
    6- PCFX=?

7- allround rarest bit of Engine Hardware?
    Last edited by 2FreshRecords; 21-01-2005, 17:11.

Sapphire on Arcade CD, obviously

There was a version of Darius that was only given away at trade shows, that's pretty rare I think

Comment

Originally posted by 2FreshRecords
      7- allround rarest bit of Engine Hardware?
      For me this has got be the DUO Monitor!

Alot peeps say the shuttle but i don't agree
      www.ravengames.co.uk/images/pcengine/systems/systemsshuttle.jpg
      Last edited by 2FreshRecords; 21-01-2005, 17:21.

Comment

nah, it would be the 10 player HDTV bomberman setup.

Comment

Woah..lots of rarest thread fever today.

Some rarities..but by no means all (and apologies for some spelling)

Hucard - Power League Special, Youkaidouchuuki (promo version), Darius Alpha

CD - Life Active Network, Cosmic Yakyuuken Kazenban, Akiyamajin Hikou....

SFX - prolly 1941 (there's only a handful of games)

fx - Zenki (maybe - its one of v few fx games worth owning imo and few peeps chose to part with it)

Hardware - lots of random things..I've seen adverts/flyers for some crazy **** but dunno if it was ever actually made

edit: most of the above aren't released for general sale games..and some if you ever see them cost, well, ?1000+ for sure
          Last edited by wheelaa; 21-01-2005, 17:48.

Comment

Crazy Hospital, Hi-Leg Fantasy
            haven't found Hi-Leg and Crazy Hospital were too high for two copies I saw last year...

Comment

It really depends on what you class as rare as opposed to expensive... as the two are not exclusive to each other.

For example fanboy related games like Dracula X and Sapphire are not that rare, expensive, yes, but rare, er no... $120 for Dracula X and $300 for Sapphire (and I have seen it as low as $200) and you could pick up a copy tomorrow (as long as your in Japan).

Now if you want rare and commercial release then you can't go far wrong of Edutainment games like NHKs 'mathematical mystery secret treasure Indian of Akiyama benevolence flame', with a catchy title like that you would expect it to fly off the shelves. One thing that does strike you about the game is that it doesn't look like a PC Engine game as it comes in a large cardboard box about the size of a DVD case and 4 cases thick and unless you look at the back of the box you wouldn't know it wasn a PC Engine title... Still money to burn? $6000 and it's yours. Makes Sapphire look like a beaten up copy of Dragon Spirit in terms of value... Still have some money spare then look no further then the not for sale versions of Super Real Mahjong, $3000 each and they are yours... Still money to burn then you could hunt down a CD version of Magical Chase, a very rare competition prize, i think name your price would be the word here...

LD-ROM2 titles, these being the Laserdisc games for the Laseractive with the PC Engine unit attached (as they run off PC Engine hardware hence the LD-ROM2) are rare and hard to find but when you do find some (and you may need to look) you can pick them up for a mid thousands of yen...

Still if you want to be flash then run the Artist Tool with the Illust Booster, Print Booster and Photo Booster on your NEC Laseractive on your PC Engine Duo Monitor and listening to it on the Bose PC Engine speaker system whilst sitting on your PC Engine vibrating cushion...

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                Still if you want to be flash then run the Artist Tool with the Illust Booster, Print Booster and Photo Booster on your NEC Laseractive on your PC Engine Duo Monitor and listening to it on the Bose PC Engine speaker system whilst sitting on your PC Engine vibrating cushion...
                hmm...
                think I'm 1/3 way there then.
                Atist Tool - checked
                Illust Booster - still looking cheap one
                Printer Booster - still looking cheap one
                Photo Booster - do I need this?
                NEC Laseractive - umm...
                PC Engine Duo Monitor - don't even start on this. I got outbid more than I care to remember on Yahoo Japan
                PC Engine vibrating cushion - checked

Comment

Rarest PCFX title is teh Bandai flying one ( ^_^ ) Kokuu Hyouryuu Nirgends, its expensive & rare unlike Zenki which i sjust expensive.

Comment

True I think that Magical Chase CD is the Holy Grail in terms of holy grails in terms of 'I know it exists, but does it really until I see it with my own eyes' status. LIVE in Japan, game shop everyday and never had a whiff of it. In fact again in terms of what must surely be quality I think it is the rarest soft in neo classic era. The End. If someone out there owned this then I would be truly impressed for the first time.
                    Last edited by JAPJAC; 23-01-2005, 17:38.

Comment

Space Fantasy Zone used to be for sale in The Japan Centre London ('Why did I have to go and do a stupid thing like that
                      Coz yeah it felt like we were through though
                      But I didn't buy it, I?m such a twat')
                      so that doesn't even compare to Magical Chase CD even.
                      Last edited by JAPJAC; 23-01-2005, 17:41.

Comment

Go!GO! Birdy Chance & Renny Blaster are pretty pricey these days, tho you could prolly get lucky, I remember when Renny Blaster came out I thought it had the stupid name, i'm thinking ant-acid lol

Comment

Originally posted by dj898
                          PC Engine vibrating cushion - checked
                          This thing is Mental!

Comment

Originally posted by 2FreshRecords
                            This thing is Mental!
                            now playing PS2 Rez with its vibrator(?) sitting on one of these thing...

Comment

Working...
                            X