No announcement yet.

How phat is your connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got NTL's 700k service which I thinl they are upgrading to 1.5Meg for free soonish?

Comment

This should have been called "how fat is your pipe"

Comment

i have bt yahoo 1mbps adsl and it runs xbox live very well

Comment

i have 1.5meg dl and 256k dl telewest cable, no worrys for playing but hsoting is a different matter!!

i cant host any games of any type

burnout 3 lags with more than 3 people
          ghost recon lags with more that 2 people
          rainbow 6 3 lags with more than 4 people

etc

etc

i would go with adsl rather than telewest/ntl

regards
          Jason

Comment

I'm so tempted to up my connection from 512k to 1Mb

I'm just trying to justify to myself that I need that extra speed

Comment

WOO!!! Online at home at last!! 1.5mb is crazy!!! Can't wait to try Halo in a sec... After the obligatory 40mb jenna jameson clip has finished of course.

Comment

i am being upgraded to 1mb for free from tiscali !!!

what ever any one says about them, i got it to work, xbox live and ps2 onlnine, on 512kb.

Comment

At Uni i have a crazy internet connection and download speeds are utterly immense. I get something like 400Kb a second so i'd say its around 4/5MB. Here at home its just meh. 512KB.

Here's an interesting article though for you all to digest.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Lol - good article and if more ppl go back to 56k there is more bandwidth for us! On another note - im trying to find any good company with a 2MB line or above which is less than the ripoff price of ?100 by BT. Ukonline had a sweet deal of 8MB but delays have set back most of Kent being upgraded untill the end of the year. Anyone know - this 0.5MB connection is rubbish .

Comment

on my uni connection I can consistantly download from blueyonders ftp at speeds fast aproaching 10megabytes yes bytes really, a second, and from other sources like usenet i see 6megabytes/s.

Comment

I'm getting 200k per sec downloads here. SFIII is lag-less. This is dead good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastslyfox
                          I have AOL 1mb platinum service but just got an email informing me I am getting upgraded to 2mb. Free! Woohoo!

I just love freebies!

Also just found out all packages on AOL are getting their speeds doubled.
                          and today, I was notified from my forgetful mother that we got an email

512k -> 1mb for free in may, YEEEEEEEE-HAAAWWWWWWWWW

Comment

Originally posted by Freddo
                            on my uni connection I can consistantly download from blueyonders ftp at speeds fast aproaching 10megabytes yes bytes really, a second, and from other sources like usenet i see 6megabytes/s.
                            im getting simillar speeds at uni but the uni has restricted us to a 500MB daily limit!! its a total ****in pain man!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginza
                              Here's an interesting article though for you all to digest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4242751.stm
                              What a n00b

Comment

My exchange got upgraded TODAY!!!!

I've got my phoneline de-daxed in 5 days time, so I could be online in the next 7-10 days!

1Mb/s here I come. w00tage.

I am so tempted to buy a new XB to play Live!

Comment

Working...
                                X