No announcement yet.

How phat is your connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, I feel for you. I was on 2Mb until about 2 years ago. I also used to use 4G in concert with it, mostly for online Mario Kart 8 on WiiU.

Comment

Feel a bit better with my connection after that post, get about 18.5Mb/s. So 2.3MB/s.

Comment

If it's any consolation I'm not much better off - about 8mb down and sub-1mb up.

Crossing my fingers though, as the Hyperoptic folks have been onsite and are being championed by a few people in my building. I'm in the process of moving (within the same building), so I'm hoping by the time whatever we have to sign up for now runs out its initial contract, we should be good to go for full fibre.

Comment

I was at 2mb download until I moved from the farm last year...fun times, especially with my work and uploading film projects. I've tended to stick with Zen since then, not super whopping speeds; a nice decent 80mbps d/l but always consistent, a static IP and they even help me setup external equipment which has nothing to do with them if I ever need it.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Just done a test on my phone.

Virgin Media 100mb is what I pay for.

Got 111mb down and 10mb up.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse 2020
              If it's any consolation I'm not much better off - about 8mb down and sub-1mb up.

Crossing my fingers though, as the Hyperoptic folks have been onsite and are being championed by a few people in my building
              Today I have jumped from this...

... to this...

My office setup is now hitting bottlenecks from powerline adapters which are still performing 10x faster than before, whereas my phone is capping out around 500Mbps on wifi. These are excellent problems to be tasked with solving.

Comment

Nice! I have Hyperoptic too, it's awesome. I only pay for the 150Mb tier though as to be honest I'm not sure I'd make appreciable use of anything more.

Comment

Meh, speed isn't everything, it's also reliability and functionality. Unfortunately, these fibre companies are using CGNATing and it really limits the usability of your broadband - no game hosting for you.

Comment

Speaking as someone who had 2Mb ADSL on an exchange-only line before FTTP was installed, I can accept that

Comment

I got upgraded a few months back to fibre to the premises. I went for 150mb/s and it’s plenty, especially as I was getting about 4mb/s before!

Cloud gaming on the Xbox works ok but downloading is not a big deal anymore.

Comment

My connection is being a bit sluggish these days with all the crap now connected to it

Comment

Working...
                        X