Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil May Cry 3

Picked this up today and have spent about an hour playing through the first two missions. Capcom have definetely returned to form with this 3rd installment. The controls are tight, everything flows and there is a lot of scope for combos. The difficulty is on par with DMC I reckon. Will post more after more play.

{edit by charlesr: Added technique guide for this game HERE}
    Last edited by charlesr; 06-07-2005, 10:58.

Hit it hard last-night myself, but abstained from progressing on further than Mission 2 mainly because I'm keen to get the system and style down.

Plumped for the Royal Guard style and kept on replaying The Lab (aka. Mission 1). Acquired the Stinger, love chaining it with a Gun Juggle, a Million Stab, then throwing a pose on the end of it.

Comment

Where'd you get your copy? I thought I was early!

Comment

Mine shipped from Play-Asia the other day, but I couldn't wait 10 days to play it, so I was very, very n0rty...
        Last edited by Bleeders; 16-02-2005, 07:37.

Comment

Okay, enough said. It really is fantastic though isn't it?!

Comment

It's absolutely superb. Like the proverbial onion, there's layer upon layer to peel away and discover, and when you do it's back to The Lab to put your new found methods into practice.

I haven't quite S-ranked the first mission yet though. Spent last-night playing it over and over, getting there though.

Dante's attitude is proper grimey - "I hope you guys have enough to cover this!". Love it.

Comment

Wait till you beat the first boss!

Comment

I fought him a couple times last-night. Really want to be able to do him without taking a hit or ideally, parrying everything he throws at me.

Haven't quite worked out his attack patterns yet though, although the move he does where...

he disappears moves, then re-emerges in a Blanka-like cannonball does mucho damage

Comment

I had a bit of trouble at first until I memorised his attack patterns.
                  Last edited by venom743; 16-02-2005, 07:58.

Comment

Some cat on Gamefaq's claims to be playing this on DMD mode already. Probably a load of bollocks but he does seem to know his stuff.

How tough is the game? Heard mixed reports so far.

Comment

It's on par with the first one definitely difficulty wise.

Comment

Cool, nice one. Shouldn't need to start on Easy then

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                          It's on par with the first one definitely difficulty wise.
                          Great news!! Start on Normal and build up from there!! Cant believe how long I have to wait on this gem. Still, got Snake Eater and Sith Lords to play and finish before this comes out ... not gonna pretend that this aint top of the list though!! It will be played TO DEATH

Comment

How about the language barrier...?

MoFo2

Comment

You can change everything to English. Korean as well if you want! No excuse not to import this!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X