Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial101
    Never used them myself, but I remember a lot of people ordered the limited edition RE4 stuff when that came out and Gamespot wouldn't mark it down.

It's not a sure thing but I'd brace youself for a customs bill.
    aw ic thanks hopefully those people who ordered RE LIMITED EDITION WILL post here.

Comment

Originally posted by Light
      You'll definitely get hit by customs if you order from Gamestop. Around ?7-?8 (for the value of your order) if I remember correctly.
      hope i'll get lucky then
      btw im on hol atm and this cmoputer im using isnt displaying figures right it saids ?7-?8 whats that? sorry

Comment

Pound sign.

Comment

everything i've ordered from Gamestop has incurred a customs charge

i personally wont use them again for that fact even though they are a pretty decent company

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
            everything i've ordered from Gamestop has incurred a customs charge

i personally wont use them again for that fact even though they are a pretty decent company
            aw too bad, did it delay the delivery time by much? or did u still receive it in 3-5days?
            thx

Comment

Originally posted by Hero87
              aw too bad, did it delay the delivery time by much? or did u still receive it in 3-5days?
              thx
              still in the correct timeframe as they use a courier - so they pay to release it quickly which they then add to your bill

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                still in the correct timeframe as they use a courier - so they pay to release it quickly which they then add to your bill
                ic how much do you usually get charged in total then? for a game? or something worth around 75.98USD if you ever had ordered anything near that price?
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hero87
                  ic how much do you usually get charged in total then? for a game? or something worth around 75.98USD if you ever had ordered anything near that price?
                  thanks
                  i think my dead or alive arcade stick was around that price shipped and i think i paid ?14 customs

Jason

Comment

Just a quickie: what's the best way to mark down hardware for import?

I'm just about to order from VideoGamesPlus.ca and I know they're very accommodating about marking things down, but in the event that the package gets opened it'll look pretty suspicious if a console is marked as having a value of $20.

I think I read on one of the Xbox 360 import threads about a console being marked down as a "warranty return". Is this the correct working for customs?

Cheers,

Stroller.

Comment

If they're shipping a console it's unlikely they'll mark the item down incase anything happens.

DHL (who they use for consoles) also tend to declare everything so import duty is pretty likely (but not always).

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                        If they're shipping a console it's unlikely they'll mark the item down incase anything happens.

DHL (who they use for consoles) also tend to declare everything so import duty is pretty likely (but not always).
                        yeah - i think all the 360's were marked at the normal price

i bought a us PSP from them and DHL stol.... erm lost it and credit to Sidney sent a replacement and it was marked at $20

i guess its a lot of money to lose especially since DHL will only pay out $20cdn on each item lost

Comment

anyone ordered a ps2 from vg+ recently will they mark that down ?

Comment

A certain American etailer that I have used marked consoles as being repaired items being returned to customer. For some reason, this excuses (or, at least, it did) a fair chunk of duty payable.

Comment

I have just bought a PS3... well have bought a pre-sale PS3.

I wanted to know what the VAT & Custom charges would be for importing it into the UK?? I have checked on the HM Customs site and couldn't find a specific VAT/duty rate for video games consoles.

So can anyone help me out here and tell me how much I would be looking to pay? Also, is there any way I could avoid or reduce the amount of duty that customs will levy on my PS3?

I have paid $1,599 for it ... yes I know its a LOT of money but what can I say... I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Aren't we all

It will be shipped by USPS Global Express Mail.
                              Last edited by mzaslam; 23-10-2006, 11:26.

Comment

At todays rate you will be looking at about ?160 customs charge on $1600 plus what ever the companys who delivering it will charge you in admin fees so your are looking at ?1000 roughly for your ps3 with taxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X