New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Concept
    I don't buy the 'it's for kids' reasoning, and therefore justifying its ****eness.

The first episode was just plain poor. Direction, editing and acting.

I thought it was fantastic the first episode and like I say the worst of the new series. I'd wager. Acting piss poor dont agree dont think Chris Eccles has it in him to be piss poor, editing nope fine it was very fast paced and had ****loads to do to introduce the characters and idea to a brand new audience.

I'm not using the its for kids to justiy anything especially as I didnt think it was ****e. I didnt say that it was for kids did I. I said its for a family audience as it always has been. The main point of Rose though is to introduce a brand new audience to Dr Who and I thought it did that fine.

I'm a fan of Who btw and will defend the new series with my last breath and seeing as I also DL'd Rose after the press launch and watched it again with my son (8yr old) who has now watched it 3 times, my missus who hates Dr Who but loved the new show and everything about it. My Mother in law, who hated with a passion all things Dr Who, she also loved it all. I'd say on my experience the BBC are onto a winner.

Comment

What's the Dr Who theme tune like now?

If they mess that up, then the series isn't worth watching!

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy
        I'm not using the its for kids to justiy anything especially as I didnt think it was ****e. I didnt say that it was for kids did I. I said its for a family audience as it always has been. The main point of Rose though is to introduce a brand new audience to Dr Who and I thought it did that fine.
        I wasn't having a go at you personally. Looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I thought it was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
          I wasn't having a go at you personally. Looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I thought it was terrible.

Fair enough and I dont expect everyone to like, though they should just because its English sci-fi . I didnt take it as you having a go either

I just like a good discussion about Who. I'd stick with it though because the things I saw in later episodes blew my mind. I really couldnt believe it was a BBC show the FX alone were that good. I'd make sure you watch episode 3 as thats Mark Gatiss(League of Gentlemen) episode and it looked like a cross between Period Doctor Who and Ghostbusters

Comment

I really want this to be great although from what I've heard I don't think I'm going to be impressed.

My mates are going to be totally biased and disregard the ****ty acting, dialogue, and editing - which will probably make me HATE it after I'm finished arguing with them.

It's rite - There hasn't been anything decent on telly since '96 - not much is going to change now I think.

Comment

I love anything to do with time travel, sci-fi, space, so I'm sold anyways. Just because its not American and over produced is a good enough reason to watch it.

Remake Blake's 7 whilst yer at it auntie.

Comment

Seen the leaked episode.

'****ING ABOMINABLE' barely begins to cover it. Eccleston was alright but everything else? Gah. Only 8yr olds and desperate fanboys need apply.

Comment

The leaked episode is a rough cut from a while back, according to the BBC. You can't really compare the version Concept saw to the version Cassidy saw, for example...

I like the new theme tune by the way, they played it on Radio One recently.

Comment

dead link sorry nothing to see here.

Comment

I just watched it and thought it was pretty damn good. I looked back on a couple of old Doctor Who episodes recently - McCoy, Pertwee and T Baker and this ones stands up well, and in a modern context is much better.

There were a couple of dodgy moments of cheese and one shoddy cgi scene but other than that the doctor is great, piper will be a decent sidekick, and the first episode was fast paced and full of pretty sweet action and general sci fi fun.

And for the kids - It will definitely terrify the kids (6 to 12 maybe) just like the original had kids hiding behind the sofas!

Comment

The theme music sounds TUFF!!!

Comment

They should use Doctor ? by Orbital, tbh.

Comment

BBC2 has a short Dr Who Night this Saturday as a warm-up.

As for this series I'll give it some time - At first I thought that it would be a darker, more adult Who. But now we have the Doctor gurning happily all over the place, and far too many mentions of "it's for the kids" in the press. But in the long run, if they can get some interesting villans back (The Master for one) It may be worth it. I'll approach the 1st ep. with caution though.

Comment

Here's one of my mates efforts at toppling the new series...

(right click, save target as...)

His wife (in the clip) works at the BBC and wants to get into production... So god help us!

Comment

I swear there's a cover-up going on about BBC.

Suspiciously glowing reviews over at Newsnight Review and Radio Times, when anyone who saw the edit I did (it may have changed admittedly) will have been hard pressed to say anything positive.

Comment

Working...
                                X