No announcement yet.

New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like it more if at the end Billie's line was "but I do have... a big ****off axe in my hands" (there was one lying close by).

Comment

Rewatched this with my brother a few nights ago. First time I watched it I liked it, didn't think it was exellent or anything but I thought it was good for a pilot.

On the rewatch it was like I was seeing a completly different version (it was the same copy), and I couldn't appologise enough to my brother for recomending it. I still like the way the doctor was played but everything else was just plain awfull. Maybe my attidude has been coloured by net reviews or something, but I struggle to think how I thought it was good now.

Will still watch the aired version tommorow to compair with but I remain baffled as to how I liked it the first time round.

Comment

"Maybe my attidude has been coloured by net reviews or something"

If true that's absolutely tragic

Comment

I really liked it. Apart from the BBC screwing up the sound at the beginning.

Thought the script was good. I especially liked The Doctor's description of feeling the turn of the Earth.

CJ

Comment

the SFX have been cleaned up and polished since the leaked version for one thing, but I enjoyed this a lot more second time round. Think there's an initial 'shock of the new' where I was at first disappointed that this new series hadn't, in fact, been aimed at 31 year olds but at children. Once over that I think there's lots of promise here.

And I'm really impressed at BBC sticking this up against Ant & Dec. Took balls...

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jameson
              I really liked it. Apart from the BBC screwing up the sound at the beginning.
              Oh yeah, forgot about that. I thought it was going to be some 'weird space time thingy' involved in the Doctor's entrance. But then forgot all about it when no explanation was given.

Comment

I liked it as well. Mind you I am a sucker for sci fi shows and the likes.

I liked the Doctor's one liners and general attitute. Good job Mr Ecclestone.

I though Billie Piper was fairly weak, but she did get better as the episode progressed.

All in all, highly entertaining. I'll definitely be watching next week.

Comment

The 'weird space time thingy' being the sound of Graham Norton's voice!
                  Seriously, it was Norton doing that dance show on BBC3 that kept fading in. Fecking jokes if you ask me.

Anyway I found the show strangely enjoyable, in that it was so deliriously silly I couldn't stop watching. More please!

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator
                    the SFX have been cleaned up and polished since the leaked version for one thing, but I enjoyed this a lot more second time round. Think there's an initial 'shock of the new' where I was at first disappointed that this new series hadn't, in fact, been aimed at 31 year olds but at children. Once over that I think there's lots of promise here.

And I'm really impressed at BBC sticking this up against Ant & Dec. Took balls...
                    They looked identical to me (the FX, to the leak). Only difference was the titles. And I don't think the BBC had any choice about Ant & Dec, that's clearly a thrown together package by ITV to spoil the party.

Anyway, fantastic show. Gibbering like a chimp for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
                      Er, oh right

I had the volume down pretty low

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
                        Seriously, it was Norton doing that dance show on BBC3 that kept fading in. Fecking jokes if you ask me.

Anyway I found the show strangely enjoyable, in that it was so deliriously silly I couldn't stop watching. More please!
                        I know, it was Graham Norton, the ****ing idiot! I've written a complaint to the BBC as their telephone lines are busy. I'm absolutely aghast at how many times recently I've seen audio/visual errors with BBC programmes, including the news. How hard is it really to press play on a tape and block out all other sources? How do you mix a live audio feed from a show that's finished with the new episode of Doctor Who?! It defies belief. The BBC are useless.

I really really enjoyed it, however. The mannequins were one of my favourite enemies as a kid and really captured my imagination. Terriffic to see them back, really out of left-field that one. I wonder if the Sea Devils will return...

It really was proper Doctor Who though. The script was well-written and pacey, Christopher Ecclestone was actually different and vibrant, delivering lines with gusto and actually - shock - using some body language. Billie was pretty good too, not annoying in any way. I think she may actually become... likeable! Seems like a proper assistant to me. What I liked most was that it wasn't too serious. The problem with the McGann one was that it took itself really serious. This one is the same as proper Doctor Who: it knows its limitations and sticks to them, and it doesn't matter if anything looks a bit wonky because you're supposed to actually use your imagination. The actors and the script make up for any lack of production values and IMO it did.

Can't wait for the rest of them. Except I'm off to Scandinavia for two weeks from Tuesday.

BOLLOCKS!

Comment

As I'm involved with the whole system that transports and outputs television programs to your little video box in the living room, I can only say the **** up is with whoever is transmitting the signal! Most likely the BBC then. One thing NOT to blame on BT for once (yep they own the whole system and everyone has to pay them to use it).
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I thought it was terrible. Almost vitually the same as the edit I saw.

Just goes to show. Only 0.99% of us actually has any taste (I jest, before anyone gets on a high horse).

The music still sounded like it was made on a ?80 Casio keyboard.

Comment

look at all the positivity bar concept his opinion and he's entitled to it.

doesnt next weeks look fantastic. I tell no lies when I say it just gets better and better. Rose is no comparison to the rest of the series

I like the music then again I am a big fan of murray gold. Love his work in Shameless.

Comment

I'll admit. Next week's episode does look better, from the short trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X