Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mole
    My Impressions

Had the game about 30 minutes and have been playing it non stop.

The graphics and sound suit the game nicely but thats not what you want to know is it?

yes the gameplay is shallow but it is very very fun, all the levels have you doing more or less the same thing draw pac man and guide him round to eat the ghosts. every two chapters you get a boss battle where you have to draw a huge pac man and face him off with the boss character who gets bigger and bigger and bigger till you finally ate the bigest one.

I can see myself playing over and over to beat my hi scores i currently have two grade B on the first two levels.

Pac Pix is one of those games that looks boring unless you are playing it, i only bought for the free stylus (which play-asia stole from me) but infact have enjoyed the game.

I will update my impressions when i play some more.

That pretty much sums up my impressions. It's pretty basic BUT it's fun and the stylus is awesome!

Comment

Did anybody order from Play-Asia after the 28th Feb and get a stylus?

They assure me that they went be first come first served basis and nobody that orderedd after me should have got one.

-----------------------

After playing a bit more here is what i think....

I am on chapter 5 and diffrent type of ghosts are starting to show up, some carry a shield and you have to get them from a set angle which gives the game a much needed injection of difficulty. Also some of the items you collect are now numbered so you have to get them in a set order to finish the level. One level has the screen split in two and you have to use the warp pipe (top screen) to get to the other side.

Overall i feel that i am still having fun but i think it will get tired after i finish the game as it seams like their is only 1 game mode (story mode).
      Last edited by The Mole; 17-03-2005, 22:43.

Comment

It seems you get more gestures available to you as the game goes on. As well as Pac Man I can make arrow things now that shoot across the screen and stun ghosts or trigger switches. Looks like there may be a bit more to the game than it initially appears. Still not sure it's going to last for very long, though.

I hadn't realised until I got to that split level that you can have more than one Pac-Man on the go at once. Makes that level a bit easier, as you can just stick one in each half.

What's the gallery sketch mode all about? It seems to recognise a few symbols that don't work in the main game, but I don't really get the point of it (if, indeed, there is one). I discovered earlier that you can draw an arse in the gallery and it turns pink and lets out a fart, which is a bit odd. At least, that's how it looks to me.

Comment

I finished Chapter 10 earlier today. So far, I've got S ranks on Chapters 1 and 9 and A ranks on the rest. For higher scores it seems better to stick with one Pacman eating all the ghosts rather than using multiple Pacmen and going for the time bonus. The top-screen passage is useful for safely getting your Pacman out of the way and buying some time while you set yourself up for the second wave of ghosts on each level.

In later chapters, you can create a bomb by drawing a circle and a line for the fuse which has to reach a flame that appears on the screen. Some enemies are encased in some sort of armour which you need to blow up with a bomb before you can eat them. In some levels, you will need to hit a switch to make the flame turn on before you can use it to light your bomb's fuse (which you can also make longer if you want to increase the delay on it).

The sketchbook doesn't yet appear to have much to do with the game. I've managed to find four different shapes so far which don't feature in the main game.

Originally posted by JamesS
          I discovered earlier that you can draw an arse in the gallery and it turns pink and lets out a fart, which is a bit odd. At least, that's how it looks to me.
          That's the "M"-shape one I mentioned earlier. To me it looked a bit like a volcano erupting, but I suppose that's another way of looking at it

Comment

Originally posted by Abhisara
            I finished Chapter 10 earlier today. So far, I've got S ranks on Chapters 1 and 9 and A ranks on the rest.
            Anything higher then s rank?
            If you've got the highest possible scores already, it appears to be very limited. Can't see this having the same staying power as catch tocuh yopshi etc

Comment

I'm really loving this game, up to chapter 12 now, think it's the last one but hopefully it'll open up something new when finished. Had a bit of trouble drawing arrows at the start but eventually got the hang of it. The first boss you meet after getting the arrows was very clever, would have liked more bosses as well.

The gallery is pretty weird but when messing around today one of my little creations came to life. Had no idea this would happen and couldn't help but laugh a bit. I actually drew anothr 4 things that came to life, don't want to spoil it for anyone though as I got a great kick out of them.

Comment

Well i am yet to get anything over an S rank, i went back and did the first level and went from a B to an S and i think i prefect comboed each of the pages (i may have missed 1 page).

I am having trouble on level 6 those dam arrows do not want to go where i am aiming.

Also has anybody had any problems with the pac men yet?

I drew one it sprung to life and while the mouth was pointing up it was moving right it was very hard to keep it on the field so just let it die.

Comment

I assumed there would be more books after you do chapter 12, as it says "Book I" on the level select. Hope so, otherwise it seems a bit short.

Comment

Just finished Chapter 12. Only managed a B rank at best so far on 11 and 12. The screen does become quite cluttered making it more difficult and frustrating to draw your bombs and arrows.

When you finish Chapter 12

you get the ending credits, and then a "Book II" becomes available which has 12 new harder chapters - the most notable difference being that the ghosts are now much faster.

It's not quite up to the standard of some of the DS's other releases, but it's a fun little game that shows off some of the things the DS is capable of.

I drew one it sprung to life and while the mouth was pointing up it was moving right it was very hard to keep it on the field so just let it die.
                    I also seem to have a knack for creating these mutant Pacmen that travel in the wrong direction

Comment

Did anybody order from Play-Asia after the 28th Feb and get a stylus?

They assure me that they went be first come first served basis and nobody that orderedd after me should have got one.
                      I ordered mine on the 28th and didn't get the Stylus

Comment

Got my copy today, finally.

Fun little game, and breath-takingly original. Certainly never played anything like it before. It's another score attack game (cue crap score from NTSC-uk!), but doesn't seem to have the depth of Yoshi.

But fun certainly, I like it!

Didn't get the Pacman stylus though... (Play-Asia, pre-ordered a few months ago)

Comment

Just got my copy today and it comes with the stylus whoop

It's bloody massive though, so I'm not sure if I'll ever use it, as it won't fit in the back of the ds.

Comment

Mine arrived today too, played up to the chapter where you get to use arrows, I absolutely love it.

Hehe i love drawing my pacman & seeing him come to life, it's magic.

Been playing all my ds games using the pacman stylus, it's so comfy to hold. It makes playing a whole lot easier. The stylus is a really nice thing to have plus in years to come it will be collectable too (^_^)

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                              It's bloody massive though, so I'm not sure if I'll ever use it, as it won't fit in the back of the ds.
                              They're meant to go into the game cases - there is a 'channel' near the clasps where it can fit it.

Comment

Well i e-mailed play-asia and they have admited i should have had a stylus and are going to put one away and next time i order something from them they will include it.

I can't get past level 5 its those dame arrows they will not go where i want them to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X