No announcement yet.

SEGA SATURN - the discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am a fan of shin shinobi den. Its great once you get into it. Remember playing it at the time and enjoying it and when I revisied it a few years back I still loved it.

Also am looking to buy it again XD

Comment

-----
      Last edited by HC_O; 02-05-2010, 00:23.

Comment

I just got Battle Monsters for my Saturn:

It's very Mortal Kombat/Way of the Warrior in it's style and I love the Herman Munster/Mike Myers lookalike!

Comment

My grey Japanese saturn turned up last week and I've put together a few games for it. First thing to highlight is that it don't look that great on me Sony Bravia. Not unexpected, but video in particular looks purdy rough, while some static images wind up looking like resized jpgs. I just don't care.

Main thing was to pick up Soukyugurengai again, which I was really missing. It's still amazing, although the shine's taken off a bit by the telly. Someone should port it to Xbox live. Got a couple of others tho, and some of them are a wee bit obscure, so figured I'd cover them so people have got a second opinion alongside Segagaga's (essential) thoughts.

The Hyper Golf - Yeah, a golf game. Nice motion capture golfers, but it really struggles to put together a comprehensible 3D course, and there's a fair bit of guesswork when measuring shots.

Puyo Puyo Sun - Bought on the basis of the thin chap getting upset about his picnic in this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvxIfo4MpIw - very funny stuff and I'm planning on becoming amazing at this game, which is apparently a decent stab at the 'chain falling things to defeat opponent' genre.

Funky Head Boxers - Does exactly what it says on the tin. Dudes with heads shaped like Oxo cubes. Bit sluggish to play, and that's a killer for a game like this which is all about the reactions, but the taunts are fun, and you have to love a boxing game that has a character wearing spectacles.

2Do Arukotowa Sandoahru - Did Nintendo rip this off to make Warioware or have these kind of minigame games been around since forever? This is fun tho, and the language gap makes it even more fun if anything. You tend to spend the first round completely baffled, then work out what the hell you're supposed to do by the second - 'Ah! So I have to shoot the middle of the gigantic steak so both the lions can share it!' Great fun, and appears to be slowly rising in value.

Stellar Assault - Whereas this seems to have started becoming cheaper. I bought this off a forumite and it's pretty damn funky. Like the 8 bit 'Top Gun' but good - lots of different varied missions, lovely controls, really satisfying explosions. No idea what anyone's talking about, which is a shame cos it seems like they've made an effort to structure the action round a story. Taking out bad guys with homing missiles in this game is one of the most enjoyable experiences the Saturn has to offer tho.

The End.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator View Post
            Stellar Assault - Whereas this seems to have started becoming cheaper. I bought this off a forumite and it's pretty damn funky. Like the 8 bit 'Top Gun' but good - lots of different varied missions, lovely controls, really satisfying explosions. No idea what anyone's talking about, which is a shame cos it seems like they've made an effort to structure the action round a story. Taking out bad guys with homing missiles in this game is one of the most enjoyable experiences the Saturn has to offer tho.

The End.
            I never new this existed until it was considered rare. Thankfully I got it fairly cheap. It's not great unless you liked the 32X version. As it's my farorite 32x game it is really a fantastic sequel. If you dont care for Shadow Squadron / Stellar assault, then don't but this.

Comment

Do you know japanese/what's going on storywise at all then Fastware?

Comment

I do Stellar Assault is a fantastic game, well worth the cash in my opinion. More so than bloody RSG.

Yakumo

Comment

I just flogged my copy for £70. I guess I should be happy!

Comment

Working...
                  X