Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorbikes

I have recently been considering the possibility of taking motorbike lessons, as I would like to get me a motorcycle.
    Whilst I have a car, driving this isn't really much fun, whereas I have heard when driving a bike, this is really enjoyable, so much so that longer routes to a destination are sought out to prolong the experience.
    Anyway are there any people on here who ride a motorbike, and would they like to share their experience of this.
    Also what steps exactly does someone need to take to get a full licence?

See this thread: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=37255

Comment

RE taking longer routes.
      Yesterday I decided to ride the bike to work. In the car I get on the M3 pootle down it at 70mph and come off the other end - a 45 mile journey of boredom and danger (falling asleep at the wheel). On the bike I take back roads all the way and giggle nervously for an hour scaring myself stupid at every available opportunity. It's amazing.
      Once you tried a bike though, it's very frustrating sitting in traffic jams when driving the car again....
      Last edited by charlesr; 27-05-2005, 11:26.

Comment

Oh and if you are feeling flush, you could always get one like this. In the same time a golf GTi has just reached 60mph, this is doing 200mph.

Comment

Nahhh that's far too slow

You want one of these Click

Comment

not if you want to turn corners...

anyway, i went into a motorbike shop last weekend and now have fallen in love with the ktm supermoto. it's on my 'to do' list.

Comment

Heheh. That's the campest bike I have ever seen. 300mph without a rider maybe. The lack of fairing will be an issue at anything above 150.

Comment

It's got four wheels - how can anyone call it a bike ... anything above 90 mph is an issue without fairing for more than a few minutes.

Comment

Haha Haha i know, made me laugh when i first saw it though...

I've not got a bike YET.. so i have the pleasure of being a pillion on my dad's bikes. He's got a BMW GS 1100 which we drove down to Le Mans last year on and a rather nifty Honda CBR 1100 Bluebird xx which scares the hell out of me

I can't wait till i get a bike, hoping to get one next year ^ ^

Comment

It maybe a little stupid but I have been really inspired to drive a motorbike in the past few months. It started with watching ?A Long Way Around?; and then heightened with reading ?The Motorcycle Diaries? and ?Jupiter?s Travels? (haven?t finished yet) ? must look at getting something simple... perhaps?

Comment

Do I need to take a theory test for a Motorbike licence, if I already have a full car driving licence?

Comment

Yes - because the theory test is different.

Comment

Is the theory test similar, in that it being a multiple choice exam type affair?

Comment

yes it's the same style, it just has a number of bike specific questions in it, and some general theory questions.

Comment

Motorbiking is king.
                              I own 2 bikes one (600cc) for around town and another (955) for those smashing country roads. I dont, and never have driven a motor car.

Comment

Working...
                              X