No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came off my bike yesterday, being a smart arse and a crap van driver but hurt my knee and shoulders and my bike only needs back brake pedal re bent, indicators and a radiator hose

Bah

Comment

Sounds like it could have been worse - what bike are you now fixing at the moment?

Comment

Still got my Honda CBF600R Hornet and it could have been much much worse

Comment

So long as you learn from the experience and can walk away

Then you can progress onto this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3DiAecsh_0

Comment

I'm quite happy I lifted the bike myself and managed to get her home. So no fear from riding it, so I should get it back on friday

Comment

Went out for a test ride on this bike today. Didn't like it at all; it looks great and the finish on it is top quality, but the handling is awful.

Comment

Sat on and fired up a Ducati Corse 1299 today. Want

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Sat on and fired up a Ducati Corse 1299 today. Want
                  The Panigale? They definitely have the looks. You could get one used for £12-13K not really and everyday bike tho.

I had a test ride on a ZX-10R 2009 recently (very nice bike)

And a newer Fireblade (again 2009), another nice bike but I prefered the ZX-10R.

And, yup, I got rid of the KTM 790 Duke. As much as I liked that BMX, in the end it was just as impractical as the Fireblade; tho eventually they did start making top boxes for them, it wasn't really in keeping with the ideal for the bike and although riding it in the rain was fine (in fact the rain mode made riding it feel very safe in the wet), the lack of fairing made it hard work in anything except nice weather, so I had to change it to a Kawasaki 1000SX, which is a completely different ride, like a bad boy VFR800.

At some point I want to run a Hayabusa for a year (well, the warmer parts of the year), so may do some more swapping around next year, as the VFR800 is probably surplus given it's also a Sports Tourer (and also without an MoT currently).

What are you good folks riding at the mo?
                  Last edited by MartyG; 28-06-2021, 22:54.

Comment

I put a deposit down on a Sondors Metacycle a wee while back but am waiting to see reviews before I commit. I’m concerned it’s maybe too small for me. Looks the business though and the single piece casting for the construction of the frame is a great idea.

Comment

I hope you can get aftermarket seats for them, because that honestly looks worse than the one on the R6.

Certainly different and not one I'd heard of before - looks like it's a 125cc equivalent at 10HP nominal, but price wise, if you're city commuting that's probably not a bad option (80 mile range should be plenty for that usage) - should they be able to hit the $5K target price.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 29-06-2021, 13:55.

Comment

That’s an older photo the final production version does have some changes apparently including the seat. The void in the frame can also be used for options like a range extending battery, a fast charger or a storage box.

Comment

In fact I could be tempted at that price with a $100 deposit myself - the only thing that puts me off doing so is the complete lack of an independent party getting their hands on it (a 2 min promo from Sondors themselves with Jey Leno looking at it doesn't count).
                          Last edited by MartyG; 29-06-2021, 14:31.

Comment

It doesn’t start shipping for a wee while yet so there’s plenty of time for independent analysis.

Plus if you’re in the UK there’s a plug in vehicle grant for motorcycles offering a pretty hefty discount.

Comment

It's supposed to start shipping in a few months if their website is accurate. I've had a look at the plug-in vehicle grant, it's 20% of vehicle cost capped at £1500 for motorcyle EVs - noted that there's also a 5% fee on top of the vehicle cost that you wouldn't be able to claim back. Given VAT is still payable on EVs, you're getting your VAT back so they're giving with one hand and taking back with the other.

I'd definitely want to wait for a review before parting with any significant amounts of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                The Panigale? They definitely have the looks. You could get one used for £12-13K not really and everyday bike tho.
                                I had a go on it. It was mental. It felt so heavy too (I'm used to 600s). I didn't really enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X