No announcement yet.

Killer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the impressions! Really didn't know what to do about this game. Now i'm definitely getting it in

Comment

Originally posted by mattSix
      thanks for the impressions!

quick question: when (re)playing missions are you graded on your performance? do you get a high score / hit percentage / X many buckets of blood counter?
      Yeah man you do - but I wasnt paying attention to it! - it's not a grading but there's a score shown at the end of the stage, I still havent got over the O_O effect! The game is absolutely mesmorising!
      There's a cap to the amount of blood you can convert in a mission, also not all Smiths are available from the start of missions - they have to be woken up via the TV by exchanging kill points, the better you fight the more you can power up and earn points to awaken the whole team.

The amount of times I've had to hit reset cos a certain part is just so unbelievably FUN! Yeah man I'd say ignore the idiots you get on the forums - games are totally wasted on these ****wits.

This production is incredible - it's totally original and very brave for a company to produce something so completely different to everything else. They have pulled it off beautifully - there's nothing more to say except sit back, shut out the world and enjoy!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Saurian; 08-06-2005, 11:23.

Comment

Originally posted by mattSix
        thanks for the impressions!

quick question: when (re)playing missions are you graded on your performance? do you get a high score / hit percentage / X many buckets of blood counter?
        Haven't replayed any missions yet. Will post some answers when I do though.
        Ignore the naysayers, the game rocks! Some people may think that the action's repetitive but there's quite a lot of things you can do once powered up!
        I've always been a fan of Hong Kong action movies so I feel right at home with this. Hard-boiled action at it's best!

Comment

excellent... SOLD!

Comment

One question Venom bruv -

The message before you start your game, am I right in thinking the top one is for Normal mode and the bottom one for Easy mode? - If one of them is Hard mode I'm starting again on it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              One question Venom bruv -

The message before you start your game, am I right in thinking the top one is for Normal mode and the bottom one for Easy mode? - If one of them is Hard mode I'm starting again on it!!!
              Yeah, the top message is 'Normal' and the bottom is 'Hard'. I'm gonna finish the game once on 'Normal' before attempting 'Hard' though.

Comment

URGHHHHH

/me adds to ever expanding list of games to buy ASAP. >_<;;

Still aint bought VJ2 and DMC3 ffs >;\

Thanks for impressions of Killer 7 though.

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                  Yeah, the top message is 'Normal' and the bottom is 'Hard'. I'm gonna finish the game once on 'Normal' before attempting 'Hard' though.
                  HOOOOOOOOO!

Blatant - I'm starting again! -

Comment

I knew I would like this game from the moment I entered the options menu and heard this maniacal laughter through the telly.

I can only echo the positive sentiments made about the game made already, although I haven't played it for long. The game reminds me of Tarantino movies. There are some morons on the web dissing the game because its "on-rails" and the graphics are "dated" and therefore "sucks hard". However, I would not pay much attention to these comments.

If you don't speak Japanese, you will definitely miss on large parts of dialogue since a lot of it is messed up (though English). In fact, the guide/spirit character is one of the easier people to understand, there are others that are much worse. Also, you won't be able to read any of the memos which are delivered by carrier pigeon (lol). Now I don't know about you, but I like reading memos in games since it makes for a more immersive experience and the ones I have come across so far have been several pages. Given that this really is an adventure game more than a combat game (although the combat is cool!) I would personally wait for the US version since it isn't *that* far off.

I have to admit I got the PS2 version (traitor!) since I like games on the hard-drive if possible to reduce loading times and Famitsu said the two versions were practically identical apart from the controls. For those interested in the basic PS2 controls, they are:

Circle - run
                    X - turn around
                    Triangle - map
                    R1 - wield weapon
                    L1 - scan area while wielding
                    Wiggle R3 - reload
                    Square - special
                    R2 - change camera angle (not always possible)
                    Circle while wielding - shoot
                    D-pad - switch targets while wielding
                    Start - items menu etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh
                      URGHHHHH

/me adds to ever expanding list of games to buy ASAP. >_<;;

Still aint bought VJ2 and DMC3 ffs >;\

Thanks for impressions of Killer 7 though.
                      No, DMC3!

Get it now!

Comment

The game sounds off the hook, what's on the DVD?

Comment

Trance choons with Killer 7 inspired visuals - it's heavy!

Comment

Coming off the back of watching Hard Boiled re-run last night Venoms quote about the action style nearly had me on the floor... how ****en sick is that hospital shootout!!

Am off on holiday on monday so this beauty will have to wait. Capcom are producing the **** right now, games I cant put down. I have loads of other stuff to get through but DMC3 has been calling me like a wet pussy every night for the last fortnight.

K7 looks to be a scorcher and if you got Saur and Venom pimpin it, avid lovers of the greatest game of all time DMC3, then you know its gonna deliver... cant wait to get this on!!

Comment

Is that Trance DVD in a special edition pack or as standard?

Comment

Cheers guys. I think sense is telling me to wait and pick this up in the States next month. I'd LOVE to buy it now but I don't want to miss ANYTHING in this game. Cost difference aside, that's the only reason I'm not ordering it right now! It sounds so sweet though and I just know you lot aren't even close to giving away all the best bits in the game. That's for ME to find out for myself, and nobody else can tell me!!

Mardigan, I agree so much. Capcom are producing the BEST games we've seen in years right now. Their last few games have been all new levels of ****ing awesome and, IMO, they're totally bitchslapping every other developer out there in terms of consistently high quality GAMES. And what's the best thing about all this? They're selling enough to secure Capcom's future That means more games like RE4, DMC3 and - hopefully - Killer 7!

Comment

Working...
                                X