Killer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose the brer with the green eye...

Agree about the cover, if that art direction continues through out then it would be a real shame. I hate what happened to the TMNT so seeing that style just bugs me...

Writer Arvid Nelson says the comic will remain true to Capcom?s dark masterpiece. ?The game is furious, it never lets up,? Nelson said. ?And it?s got a very twisted sense of humor, too. Lots of surprises. That?s how I?m approaching the story.?

As for the story, Nelson and Forrest remain elusive, ?I?ll just say it?s really cool, a kind of mutant cross-breeding of John Woo and Quentin Tarantino,? Nelson replied. ?There?s a lot of action and a lot of arterial blood spray in it, to be sure.?

?It?s spooky, it?s funny, and it?s violent, but it?s also really smart, and that?s what makes it so great to work on,? Forrest said. ?But it?s so more than that. Working on the comic has been really cool. People have no idea what they?re in for!?

Comment

Comic cover; urgh!

Comment

About time Killer7 discussion started again.

Originally posted by Magnakai

The more I think about it, the more things seem to fit inside of Emir's mind. For example, the whole minimalistic style of the graphics is representative of what a fake construct would look like if you were imagining it. It's hyper-stylised and has a rather small colour pallette. It's just a backdrop...

I think that's possibly why the change of styles exist between the minimlism and the anime sections... because Emir is switching his point of view in an attempt to gain freedom from the ways in which he's allowed himself to be sucked into his own self-deluded, Pulp-styled world. There are various clues - such as Emir's assignment (or determination) to gain revenge on the comic book makers by killing an artist used to create fantastical backdrops...

The game's sense of comedy at times is genius.

Also, the linear movement throughout the game is rather like a 2D platformer but with a 3D camera... which is also similar to how you'd think about these things.
        As an example, when I think about travelling from one place to another I will consider different routes but the actual specifics of which pavement blocks I'll step on and which old ladies I'll dodge are something that I'll only think about when the time comes.

It's also to reflect the train track that Emir is trapped on. He can only travel down the routes that each of his outlooks determine. What I would have liked to have seen in Killer7 would have been different routes for his different personalites. While you can use each of the characters to solve the various puzzles dependent on their special abilities, remapping the level depending on Emir's outlook would have been insanely clever, and a way to redefine traditional level layout. This may have perhaps made the game more complicated than it needed to be, but it also would have opened up the linearity, and positioned movement based on personal preference.

In fact, when Izaru (sp?) says of the Heaven's Smiles at the beginning of the game "In fact, they don't even exist!" I immediately thought that the whole game was taking place inside someone's twisted imagination. I mentioned this jokingly to my cousin the same day, as it's a rather tired "plot twist" in it's most basic form.
        Thankfully this was presented as about as thoughtfully and tastefully as it's possible to be.

The great thing about Killer7 is that it knowingly mocks itself. Whereas the likes of Silent Hill take illusions of reality ever so seriously, throughout its adventure, Killer7 is continually aware of how mixed up, and confusing the game's representations (levels) are. Emir's fantasy land is self-conscious to the point it's almost developed an intelligence used to shield (or blind) him to his own creations.

The anime cutscene where he kills Handsome Black is immense! Dodge Dodge Dodge Gun Under Chin POW!
        When he finally kills Curtis! I forget exactly what he says, but it's fantastic.

Yeah, I love that scene - it's one of the game's standout parts. Dan really does need his own game. Dan May Cry perhaps.

Comment

Started playing this again a few days ago. I was impressed when I first got it but somehow didn't get past the second level. Anyway I'm really into it now and just finished off the

guy with the afro

. The story is well ****ed up (that's good) and the style and cut-scenes are really cool. The music and ambient sounds are so impressive. This game is so out-there when compared to pretty much everything else. Ahh, the sound of those fingers sliding over those strings... Magic

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie
            Started playing this again a few days ago. I was impressed when I first got it but somehow didn't get past the second level. Anyway I'm really into it now and just finished off the

guy with the afro

. The story is well ****ed up (that's good) and the style and cut-scenes are really cool. The music and ambient sounds are so impressive. This game is so out-there when compared to pretty much everything else. Ahh, the sound of those fingers sliding over those strings... Magic
            You are some kind of mind reader, or maybe my evil twin. Just done exactly the same thing. Even only made it to lvl 2 the first time.

Loved the crazy redneck guy at the start of that lvl, just insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pump
              You are some kind of mind reader, or maybe my evil twin.
              Or maybe both or neither. Probably your better looking twin though. Which is good as my wife said she'd go threes-up if I had an identical twin. I told her I'd go threes-up if she had a pig-ugly twin let alone an identical one.

Comment

Probably your better looking twin though.
                You must be one good looking guy

Comment

I highly recommend the soundtrack if you dig the tunes.
                  It's so good it's the only CD that has stayed in my CD player since I bought it.

It's available at Play Asia I think.

Keep on at it. This game just keeps on giving. My Game of the Year.(^_^)

guy with the afro

Comment

another game I got into really late, but not disapointed in the least. Never even bothered renting, just bought based on the feedback from here, and have to say its freaking awsome. 1 problem though: the manual that came with the game [ps2 version btw] was not the Killer 7 manual, but the Constantine manual. No joke. I crack open the box to learn how to play the dam game and the first sentence I read says "You are John Constantine!" LOL.

neway, since there's no manual, i need to ask, is there anyway to reboot the game and re-load from a save point other than letting Garcian die, or restarting the system? I know in some games all you have to do is hold all 4 trigger buttons+start+select and the game resets itself. I experimented a bit, but if such a combination exists, im not getting it right.
                    thx in advance

Comment

If you bought the GameCube version you could have just pressed the reset button :P

Comment

i really want to find that sound effect (the fingers sliding over strings) for my message received tone anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
                          i really want to find that sound effect (the fingers sliding over strings) for my message received tone anyone help me?
                          Had this one as mine a while back. Found it god knows where on the web. Quality's not great but...

killer7 strings

Comment

****in love this game. Since i got my 360 I've sadly neglected it though. Only got to the boss on level three.

Comment

Originally posted by Bib
                              ****in love this game. Since i got my 360 I've sadly neglected it though. Only got to the boss on level three.
                              Boooooooooooooo There is nothing that comes close to this for the 360. And it's all a bit too shiny.

Comment

Yes there is. ^_^

Killer7 is still a fantastic game.

Comment

Working...
                                X