Game Stars - ITV1 Thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Stars - ITV1 Thingy

Do you think you are one of the UK?s Greatest Gamers?
    Here?s your chance to prove it. Games Stars is going on tour around the country to give everyone the chance to play games and prove just who is the greatest gamer. As the UK?s Greatest Gamer, you will become a TV star and you will also win some great prizes.

I registered for this weekend's London event, but I have a feeling it will all be a bit crap. You won't be able to choose your own games and it's looks like all the generic FIFA's and 3rd person platformers will be there (from looking at the voting pages).

However, if they get me to play Dancing Stage I will be quite happy to show my skillz

I'd love to enter a big tournament

But those games man >_< - it seems they want to keep sick players out!
    They should bring a film crew round my place on a Friday - you'll see SICKNESS then!

They should have brought VF4, Soul Calibur and Pump It Up to the list - now THATS personal!

Comment

The only games that seem to offer any potential skill to come out is Burnout 2, THPS4 and (at a pinch) Dancing Stage. And even in those cases there are better examples out there that could be used.

However, I hope this event proves to be a success just so that it continues in the coming years, hopefully with a better selection of games.

Comment

Originally posted by quote
        you will become a TV star
        Yeah right

The problem with these sort of things is that they rarely make good television.

Who is supposed to be presenting the show?

Comment

Fingers crossed it's not Davina McCall

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
            Fingers crossed it's not Davina McCall
            still, shes worth a go :P

Im with you guys. Im confident that this gaming star prog will end up to be a waste of time, and yet another embarrassing tv prog which will do us, the proper gamers, out there no good at all.

Comment

I was in a TV program promoting Pump It Up a while ago - no idea when it'll be shown (if at all )

The dance was heavy but the interview was SO badong! - they have no idea what gaming is all about and just want you to talk bollox.
              It's a shame they ignore what going on tho - they could get some HEAVY tournament footage if they bother to notice that here in London we have expert players and regular events on all the latest arcade games.

Would you rather watch twats fumble about on Dancing Stage or seriously skilled players on VF4 Evo, Initial D, Pump It Up, SF3 and Soul Calibur? - Gaming is totally misrepresented by the media.

Comment

Well, based on the website it seems much better than most. I'll reserve full judgement until I see the programme, but it could be something worthwhile (for a change).

Comment

from the list of games posted in a previous topic, i cant see this being any good at all.
                  any one who is great at games will not care about half the list, so you'll end up with a bunch of kids and weirdos trying to get famous, but looking sad.
                  Having said all that...good luck if anyones trying
                  (..dont mean to be too negative by the way, i relly hope i'm wrong)

Comment

Working...
                  X