Final Fantasy VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking about the locations

Never since Final Fantasy 7 have I actually felt such strong atmospheres from each place. Like for example on the train in Midgar, when Jessie is speaking to Cloud - it's like being there - the train graveyard is also very atmospheric for such a short scene, and the end of the final scenes of Midgar - that place they end up is beautiful, when they first open the world map up to you it's a complete contrast again! Cosmo Canyon is so class aswell - I'd love to sit up there and blaze!

I'm taking a week off to play this again I swear!

Comment

Join the club mate!

Originally posted by spoiler

Another thing which ive remembered, the final final battle where Cloud destroys Sepiroth inside himself, a great touch.

Matt

Comment

For me ICO is in a universe of its own when it comes to atmosphere.

But Final fantasy is definately up there. The train section you mention, I loved it because it felt as though it was moving and taking you to another part of Midgar. The game just felt so seamless. One of the most amazing parts for me was when:

When you think it's all going to take place in Midgar only for the whole world to be unveiled before you're eyes.
        Cosmo Canyon was awesome... As was Cloud and Tifa's home town for sheer otherworldly spookiness. And Golden Saucer. And Dyne's prison. And the crator. Yuffie's town. The ancient city.

Oh! And what was that fast paced music called each time you confront Jenova?? Someone, please get a midi of that on this page now...

God, it's been ages actually since I've given FFVII much attention. I need to replay it bad just to see if it still retains it's magic after so many years.

An utter masterpiece really. There's been a backlash to FFVII recently with people proclaiming it was never as good as many made out.

That's just wrong.

FFVII is the stuff of legend.

Comment

That song is actually called JENOVA - I'll upload it!

I LOVE fighting to that music - it goes so beautifully with the Bahamut summons!

Comment

Hey, BedroomBusinessman

The ending of FFVII can be looked at in different ways. There are some suggestions that the second time you confront Sephiroth alone, that it's actually happening within Cloud's mind and that he's freeing himself from Sephiroth's influence over him.

Comment

Concept, would the Jenova music you are referring to be this one? I've got loads of them, and they can all be found here.

I know what you mean about about the feeling you get after leaving Midgar. You think the whole game is going to take place in this one huge city, then all of a sudden you are exposed to the sheer scope of the game, and realise that you have a whole world to explore. Absolute class.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                That song is actually called JENOVA - I'll upload it!

I LOVE fighting to that music - it goes so beautifully with the Bahamut summons!
                Cheers Saur. That song simply rocks the place down.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                  The ending of FFVII can be looked at in different ways. There are some suggestions that the second time you confront Sephiroth alone, that it's actually happening within Cloud's mind and that he's freeing himself from Sephiroth's influence over him.
                  Thats the way I always took it. It didnt seem to make sense otherwise.

Comment

Concept

Thats what i meant its all in his mind

A question to you lot

Where do you think Sepiroth really is?

Personally i think he fell off the cliff when cloud pushed him into the lifestream he ended up in the ice cave.

The other Sepiroths from that point are mearly clones, similar to Cloud. (in a way)

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the link ChosenOne. The music in FFVII is just utterly amazing really. I'm going to have to track down that orchestric CD.

Comment

Also Concept

Isn that the third sepiroth

1st - Bizzaro Sepiroth (loads of body parts)
                        2nd - evolved sepiroth (with wings)
                        3rd - in cloud sepiroth ( 1 on 1)

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the link ChosenOne. The music in FFVII is just utterly amazing really. I'm going to have to track down that orchestric CD.
                          It's called Final Fantasy 7 Reunion Tracks - it's got a selection of lots of the game music not arranged, which is wicked. Then at the end of the disk you have orchestral Sephiroth fight theme (with the vocals and everything), world map theme and the best version of the Aeris theme you will ever hear.

Comment

I also reckon that the 'true' Sephiroth isn't in for most of the game. It's the clones who are doing his bidding. It's only when he's found at the crator by Rufus, Shinra and Cloud's posse that the real Sephiroth appears. And that's when the world goes absolutely crazy from there on in.

As for Sephiroth. Yes there are three forms. The first at the end is in his Jenova-cell enhanced 'physical' form. His second form I think is as a 'God' over the universe and that's the form which ultimately you kill him in. The third is metaphysical, inside Cloud's mind as he tries and rids himself of his demons.

Comment

i really enjoyed this game and played it again to get all the extras the chcobos were sort of lost on me the first time. you only realise how deep the game is once you realise how much you can miss, its amazing how much i missed the first time round.

i dident get into ff8 though no matter how much i played it i dident like the carricters and the battles seamed to long it lost its charm, how could it live up to ff7

check out this ff7 flash animation its quite funny

http://195.149.21.55/ff7.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                                It's called Final Fantasy 7 Reunion Tracks - it's got a selection of lots of the game music not arranged, which is wicked. Then at the end of the disk you have orchestral Sephiroth fight theme (with the vocals and everything), world map theme and the best version of the Aeris theme you will ever hear.
                                Thanks m8. I'll search a few of the anime/videogame soundtrack CD websites on the net to see if I can pull up anything. I'm listening now to the plane soundtrack when you first find the ancient city... God, is that bringing back memories. Remember when Aeris drops holy into the water, and how each time the materia drops on the pillars is timed with the music? Love that part for the sheer emotion of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X