Fired Up (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fired Up (PSP)

Sorry that this is not a comprehensive review but I just had a 5-10 minute taste of this game. I didn't see a thread around , so I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

In a nutshell, it's Twisted Metal meets GTA style mission gameplay. You play the role of a mercenary-type character and go around a city area completing missions. The first mission I did was simple - collect the 6 crates in 3 minutes. Several enemy vehicles are obviously trying to stop you completing this task. You have machine guns (mapped to L) and rockets (mapped to R) to defend yourself.

The vehicles and effects are quite well done, but the environment doesn't seem to be as detailed as Twisted Metal.

Control handles reasonably well, but I found the default camera angle to be too close and the next one up to far away. The camera is also a little too "lazy" which is not good in my opinion. There are three views - first person, close and far.

Gamesharing is supported and the game requires a 1.52 update to play.

My first impression is that this is a very average game, nothing new or innovative to keep me playing.
    Last edited by $h@d0w; 01-09-2005, 18:38.

it looks lovely from the back

might try and pick it up 2nd hand now

Comment

Also picked it up today, had a quick blast on the first level and it seems ok, not spectactular, but entertaining. Might be great in multiplayer though. Sony has already released a map pack for it, and there's some E3 maps floating around too.

Comment

I had a quick 10 minute blast on the demo that came with my UK copy of Wipeout Pure. First impressions were.."dull" it's got the phyiscs and the idea right but the graphics are just average and the game just lacks atmosphere. I will give it another go later as I won't base a 10 minute go on the full game but I would only buy it if it was going cheap, some of the smoke effects looked impressive but there are far better games deserving of your time on the PSP. Shame as it had promise.

Comment

Working...
        X