No announcement yet.

(PC) Day of Defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I managed to get onto a server where I had a ping under 60...but then of course my computer is still acting up and it was worse than a slideshow hehe.

Comment

just had an excellent game, my advice is go for about 16 people servers much more fun and not so n00bish with people running around like headless chickens. Had a really enjoyable game and i think this game (having not got on that well with original) finally clicked with me. I love the way when you win your music plays all triumphant and you get to hunt down the losers as they can't fire (for about 10 seconds at least)

we kept losing but finally got our act together, favourite class the rifle man or the machine gunner (great for holding a point with another covering) you have to set up on either a ledge or sandbag or lie down and you can just mow down all in front of you.

Rifle man is good for one off shots or ducking round corner action. It's also helpful for sniping but a lot hard than the sniper rifle obviously. People were saying the bazooka was unbalanced but i found the machine gun that comes with it a bit pap and not much precision. Seems very balanced and the two maps i played were excellent. One in a village with a bridge and a church and another map in a bombed out village but more france than italy. Will only get better as people realise its about the capture points and not the kills!

Comment

Shame I can't play this; I caned the original DOD, and it's still one of the few games where the sound of gunfire is terrifying (because of the damage it can inflict).

Comment

Hmm, forgot about this (and it seems I forgot my Steam password too).

Is DoD more like Team Fortress than CS then?

Comment

yeah i would say so, class based team play.

oh actually i forgot to mention in my views, the sound is absolutely outstanding

Comment

Will you guys be playing this regularly?

Like an NTSC squad?

Comment

i think i will, in fact i was going to have a game in a bit

Comment

I played DoD recently at I25 having stopped playing it since like...the first beta, and I sucked so bad I haven't touched it since. It felt very much like CS in a WW2 setting which doesn't sit so well with me, but then I was playing some of the best players in the country (and I didn't get a single kill).

Comment

just had a game with kanza and yoyopo, was good lag crept in a bit towards my end but was happy with my score my final move was to be sniped by kanza

Comment

Great game FreeLancePolice and Yoyopo, it took me quite a while to get back into the gameplay. I love going rifleman, purely because its so much more rewarding when you get a kill, and I just love the sound of the clip shooting out when your empty. It did get a bit laggy towards the end; although I'm sure it was either my graphics or server side stuff as my ping was fine. Can't remember whether that was a new level or not, but I liked it!

Great game guys

Comment

Any chance of ntsc starting up a server?

Comment

there's a ntsc-uk BF2 server

I'll be playing regularly - no doubt it will all improve, I mean it's only the first release, it took the original about 10 before it was bang on

I can't seem to find the zone I used to be in whenever i played dod, it's all just too different, I guess I rinsed the original a bit too hard :P I'll get used to it no doubt (I had to change the directions of my mouse wheel just so I could change weapons properly )

nice game guys, I'll be playing again roughly around... now!

Comment

I played for a wee bit earlier, was rather fun. Put everything on 1280 x 1024 at full settings too and it ran quite well, just a wee big of lag sometimes.

Comment

damn you guys with mega PCs

Comment

no one about now for a game?

Comment

Working...
                                X