No announcement yet.

(PC) Day of Defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best maps are Flash and Avalanche. I love them. My PC always goes slow when I run the map with the river down the middle and the sewers underneath, cant remember the name. No matter how low I put the settings, it always runs slow at some point throughout!?

Comment

Sorry guys I couldn't get on tonight, infact I dont know if I will be on again for a good few weeks as I am having some nasty ISP problems.

Since about just over a week ago my internet has been severly slow between around 6pm - Midnight, its so slow I can't access steam while connected to the internet because It finds an internet connection but can't get any information down it, works fine when my network cable is unplugged tho :S

I dunno why its started happening in the last week, but I am in the center of a huge student population which have all just returned to halls, but saying that, I pay for my own private BT line, which was fine last year. It absolutely sucks, but between around 6pm ish to midnight I can barely do anything other than webbrowsing, even MSN isn't liking it and keeps disconnecting every 5 minuites. Im quite pissed off.

Guess things are gonna stay this way untill I change ISP's

Comment

just played a couple custom maps, narbeth which is actually pretty good. Reminds me of the oooold school Donner when it was called Thunder, with winding dark alleyways.
        The omaha map really isn't that bad either, good fun despite being practically impossible for the allies to win unless they actually-use-teamwork and use smoke grenades, without which you won't get anywhere as my incopetant team failed to realise.

good fun though. the 'snow sniper' map is pants though, battlecreek is alright.

ps - sorry to hear about your troubles zanza, hope to see you on soon

Comment

Anyone up for a blast?

Comment

Im in!

Comment

Im **** tonight, cant be bothered trying either!

Comment

id play but first day of work tomorrow so best get some sleep eh!

Comment

they updated it today, fixed a load of bugs and quite a few of the things that started to annoy me (bullet recognition, spading distance etc)

still no close range attacks for rifles though

I also just had a clan match in Dod 1.6 (first match ^_^)... we won on the first map about 4-1 but got utterly raped on anzio about 10-0 (told you i hated that map ) Oh well :P

ps - what the hell happened to the title of the topic???

Comment

Pardon my not reading the whole thread but is it not day rather than dawn of defeat ?

Comment

quite

can a mod please correct it? why did it get changed anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
                        quite

can a mod please correct it? why did it get changed anyway?
                        When I made the topic, it was called: DOD: Source

When the mods moved it to the new forum, the name changed. It wasn't me guv!

I have edited it now anyway, save the MODs from busting the thread up.

Comment

Not played this for agesss!

Need to have a bash soon.

Title still says Day of Defeat for me, not DOD: Source!?

Comment

before it said Dawn of Defeat

Comment

Sorry to drag this one back up but been playing it again recently. Top stuff but... is there ever gonna be some levels with us brits in?

I never played the original dod but I know it featured our lovely lot. I even seem to recall the original was put together by a british team? Or is that my imagination?

Anyway, anyone know what the situation is with levels featuring british forces?

Comment

Working...
                              X