X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Butternut View Post
      Oh I started posting but didn't introduce myself.

Hello everyone, I'm Butternut. Hope we all get along!
      Hello *waves*

Comment

Originally posted by Butternut View Post
        Oh I started posting but didn't introduce myself.

Hello everyone, I'm Butternut. Hope we all get along!
        Hello Mr Squash.

Comment

Hello

I found out about this website while searching Dreamcast game reviews. The writing was good here (i liked the review for jojo's bizarre adventure) so I read a few, but quickly found out that the reviews section Is a bit limited as far as of older systems are concerned. I'm grateful that I found about this place though, It seems nice. Here I am. I play Sega Rally on the saturn, and I try to learn how to play KOF 95, on the saturn too. I like classic game boy games, and I'm all about 90s japanese arcade games. I mean to get my hands on a Dreamcast soon to play these: Sega rally 2, Power stone 2, Crazy taxi, KOF 99 evolution, REZ, F355 challenge, Cool boarders Burrrn, Jet set radio

Nice to meet you folks
          Last edited by paulaness; 07-06-2021, 07:32.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by paulaness View Post
              Hello. I found out about this website while searching Dreamcast game reviews. The writing was good here (i liked the review for jojo's bizarre adventure) so I read a few, but quickly found out that the reviews section Is a bit limited as far as of older systems are concerned. I'm grateful that I found about this place though, It seems nice. Nice to meet you folks
              Welcome! Unfortunately there was a monumental 'glitch' (Charles can explain the technicalities) a few years back that ended up destroying many years' worth of commentary and reviews on older systems and games, particularly from when the import scene was at its hottest. Around these parts it is spoken of in hushed tones as 'The Great Purge'. This was a real shame, but the community is still here.

Comment

Originally posted by paulaness View Post
                Hello

I found out about this website while searching Dreamcast game reviews. The writing was good here (i liked the review for jojo's bizarre adventure) so I read a few, but quickly found out that the reviews section Is a bit limited as far as of older systems are concerned. I'm grateful that I found about this place though, It seems nice. Here I am. I play Sega Rally on the saturn, and I try to learn how to play KOF 95, on the saturn too. I like classic game boy games, and I'm all about 90s japanese arcade games. I mean to get my hands on a Dreamcast soon to play these: Sega rally 2, Power stone 2, Crazy taxi, KOF 99 evolution, REZ, F355 challenge, Cool boarders Burrrn, Jet set radio

Nice to meet you folks
                Hi!!

The site met an untimely demise at one point and had to be rebuilt. I have A LOT of old reviews that haven't yet been re-uploaded.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about that. No way to use the wayback machine to recover some of the lost reviews? I suppose you've been there already...
                  In any case, it's a good thing that you've been keeping at it!

Comment

Welcome!

I think the reviews are available to charles, but he's not got the time. Older reviews pop up every now and again.

Comment

Yeah we lost about 18 months of forum posts but no reviews were actually lost; they just need re-putting back up but it's time consuming

Comment

Hi all, long long time lurker here finally posting. Sorry but I doubt I’ll have much to contribute, but thoroughly enjoy taking in all the info from you knowledgable people. So thank you in advance for that.
                        Remember fondly my days of NES gaming, especially when SMB3 came out, through to mega drive, Saturn, PSX, Dreamcast and PS3. Pains me to think of the pittance I let some games go just for some beer money - harmful park and Keio 2 I’m looking at you.
                        Between the full time and exhausting job of parenthood, I’m loving my switch for those quick gaming fixes. PS4 not getting so much love these days. Any hoo another ****ty nappy awaits so best be off.

Mike

Comment

Nice to have you onboard, Mike!

I think we've all let stuff go without realising its future value!

Comment

Hi! Welcome

Comment

Welcome Mike

Don't worry, we've all let valuable stuff go for pennies...I sold a GC component cable for £30 once we even had a thread about it at one time.

EDIT: And Deep Fear on Saturn for £20. Oops!

Comment

I don't suppose this is the same Mike that bought my Duo R earlier in the year?

Comment

Working...
                                X