No announcement yet.

NTSC-uk recruitment drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

averaging over a 1000 posts a day, over 50 new threads per day, around 7-10 new members per day ..... like i said, these numbers are growing week on week.

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
      averaging over a 1000 posts a day, over 50 new threads per day, around 7-10 new members per day ..... like i said, these numbers are growing week on week.
      I think your missing the point that there's STILL only a few heads that post regularly. Regardless of your stats its still the same faces as a whole that are regular posters. Pending the Off-Topic where a ****load of random faces idle...

Plus with the great figure of actual members you'd expect more people to get involved with the chat. Although I suspect a large number of the forum members are here for the buy/sell market place.

I'd hate to also see the list of zero post members...
      Last edited by gingerj; 11-11-2005, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
        I think your missing the point that there's STILL only a few heads that post regularly. Regardless of your stats its still the same faces as a whole that are regular posters. Pending the Off-Topic where a ****load of random faces idle...
        In terms of quality of gaming posts Id say the forum is pretty good though, certainly more readable than similarly sized games forums such as RLLMUK, that said, their OT forum is a far better read than ours. More random users reside in OT as its more accessible than other areas of the board such as gaming, where typically the response was always that people had little to say on the subject that hadnt been said already, or felt intimidated by the apparant knowlege of other, established members.

Comment

some forums can only dream of having 100 members posting on such a regular basis .... never mind 1000 individual log-ins each and every day (with double that number of guests - lets not forget that).

but, and here is the kicker, we have more than 100 people posting each and every day, not one member is making 10 posts or more per day (which would be showing if only 100 members were posting regularly)

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
            In terms of quality of gaming posts Id say the forum is pretty good though, certainly more readable than similarly sized games forums such as RLLMUK, that said, their OT forum is a far better read than ours. More random users reside in OT as its more accessible than other areas of the board such as gaming, where typically the response was always that people had little to say on the subject that hadnt been said already, or felt intimidated by the apparant knowlege of other, established members.
            I concur.

Comment

Id love to see more people posting and starting threads, members need to be encouraged to do so, not sure how though! I didnt join that long ago, in the grand scheme of things, and it was and still is imtimadating,(though im over it)

Comment

Member number 6001 has signed up

Comment

I joined because a friend of mine recommended this place. I'd never actually heard of it before then 0_0

Thumbs up though! Just the right balance of optimism/pessimism.

Comment

i only came here because it was to talk about import games and importing but it seem to have gone 50/50 now

Comment

i think i originally came here from a play-asia item offering an ntsc-uk review

Comment

bit OT but congrats to billy_dimashq for starting NTSC-uk's 50,000th topic rlier today

Comment

This is a great site. While I don't write often I visit regularly. We need more people from other European countries to join. Especially where English is a "second" (or third) language in a country like Northern Europe or the Netherlands.

While the import scene is quite small, and miniscule over here, I think if it starts growing console manufacturers will start realising that region lock-outs are ridiculous and an obsolete idea (wishful thinking, obviously). The only way to override this is to release games simultaneously (not really possible in practice) and at least lower prices of games. While the situation has imporved over the years, still many games I enjoy aren't even released here in Finland so I'm forced to import no matter what. Not to mention that US versions of games are released several months earlier than here. Why the hell do I have to wait for a game I want so it can be translated into 5 different languages? The English is there, what do I need Italian for? They also have a guaranteed (i.e. forced) NTSC option. Who wants to play those crappy PAL versions of Square games anyways?
                          Last edited by danholo; 20-11-2005, 04:11.

Comment

i used to post more - but my work firewall started blocking the site as it is contains the phrase 'games' in the html meta data... or something :-(

Comment

Working...
                            X