No announcement yet.

Peter Jackson's King Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked this up for 360 the other day. One word.

WOW.

This game is amazing, its oozing with atmosphere and the graphics and art style are amazing.

I'm really looking forward to playing this some more

Comment

I picked up Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game Of The Movie today, and so far I think it is pretty damn good. I love my first person shooters and this feels nice and fresh, something completely different to everything else.

I've just started fighting some raptor dudes, and they whooped my arse. Managed to kill them eventually before promptly setting myself on fire. Pehaps not the smartest thing to do, looking back on it.

Playing on the 360 version - no framerate issues and some really nice lighting (which is apparent on every format). The game looks 'wetter' than any other version out there, like they've actually thrown a bucket of water over everything, which is cool. Other than that, the game is exactly the same as all the rest, except here you get the achievements which is always addictive. It doesn't explain how to get them, mind.

So far...so good!

Oh, and it's made my thursty hunger for the movie even greater. The game has served its ultimate purpose.

Comment

I'm stuck. I've got to the millipede level but can;t progress any further. I know I need to burn a bush to get the stick, but can't find any fire...

Comment

Either backtrack until you find a fire or throw a spear at a fiery skull thing

Comment

cheers mate, I realised I'd missed a pot that i had to light. Doh!

Comment

That bit had me stumped for a little while cos you have to backtrack quite a way compared to normal Kong terms, and the fire was way higher than you would be normally looking!

I was really liking Kong, but now I'm even further in, it getting even better! The rapids towards the end were fantastic, and the subsequent Kong sections are the best yet.

Comment

im stuck again. On the brontosaurus level I've managed to light the first three flames, but can't find my way bookl through the see of thornsa. Any ideas?

Comment

Burn the thorns! Burn them when theres a dino inside them for even more fun!

The path zig zags a bit, but if you managed to get *to* the fire, then you should be able to find your way back surely? Just keep the flame alive!

Comment

Light fire, stab dinosaurs, burn dinosaurs, shoot dinosaurs, run, light Fire etc.

Comment

Agree with most others, I went through this game quickly but that was mostly because it pulled me in to the point where I just had to keep playing.

Really was an enjoyable game to play through.

Only complaints would be that the end parts of the game seemed rushed and the empire state building didnt seem to take long to climb.

Comment

I got it with my 360, at the moment I am finding it decidely average, I have found loads of bugs. It just feels very clunky and annoying, I hate railed sections. My mate was loving it though, I think its a game best watched than played, it does look nice in the main. Graphics wise it uses many old tricks but does it well, sometimes it looks nice sometimes it feels like a PS2 game (Playstation grey) I am playing it through then trading it I think.

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars
                          I have found loads of bugs.
                          Well, duh :P

Comment

Not giant monster bugs, gameplay issues ;P

Comment

Such as? I'm finding it a very polished title gamplay wise. Only really the menu screens that look naff!

Comment

I thought it was extremely polished too, didn't find a single graphical glitch, framerate hickup, AI issue...nothing. The camera in New York was a bit naff I suppose.

Anyway, just completed the game, and very enjoyable it was too. It is a short game but I think the length is just right - the puzzles and combat couldn't have lasted much longer, as good as they were. There are only really two puzzles in the game, but are repeated over and over again to different degrees - finding fire and using the food-chain. I thought that by keeping things simple it allowed the designers to come up with some pretty ingenius tasks that did not become unfair or frustrating, because the concept behind them is learnt so early on.

Good stuff. Not the best game I've played recently, but I'd still recommend it.

A few of the set-pieces are really top class, though for obvious reasons I will not detail them!

The Kong sections work better than I was lead to believe, and although they are essentially button mashers with little skill, they provide a great sense of power and scale. To swing, climb and jump through the forest all you are basically doing is hammering a single button, but vitally, it feels just right.

Having finished the game, I now have 1930 gamer points. Figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X