Peter Jackson's King Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather interestingly, Ubisoft aren't pleased with the 360 version -

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

So if I have a HDTV, getting the Xbox 360 version of King Kong isn't a problem?

I went into town this afternoon after sixth form and I was tempted to get either Amped 3, King Kong or Quake 4, but I held out because I till have Perfect Dark Zero to complete and Ridge Racer 6 came this morning, albeit in a struffy condition.

Comment

The 360 version of Kong on a HDTV is indeed, absolutely fantastic.

Comment

it is indeed, it looks absolutely beautiful

Comment

I was fairly unimpressed with king kong 360 graphically. Game is great mind

Comment

Video games news, opinion and lifestyle photography from the United Kingdom of the World

LMAO!

Comment

- Complete loss of graphics coming back from screen saver mode, took about 20 seconds to stop flidding out.
                - Going into side dashboard sometimes loses enviroment when you go back to game
                - Playing your own soundtrack loses game music
                - Look at the characters arms when he pushes any of the door mechanisms (they bend and deform terribly.)
                - Missing textures on some objects (completely white polygons I have found several times.)
                - One point when I was being lifted out of the water by Ann, my legs where evidently bit off by a creature as I found them floating in the water, I was standing up however.
                - In the same area, I noticed Ann appears to have no upper legs at all, and a transparent underneath to her skirt.

Originally posted by in5ane
                Such as? I'm finding it a very polished title gamplay wise. Only really the menu screens that look naff!
                To be honest it has got better the more into the game I have gone, but I guess I am just not that intrested in the Film or the Game, it was in a bundle so what the hay.
                Last edited by FelixofMars; 15-12-2005, 09:45.

Comment

If I want to play a particular level/scenario on this as a one off is there the option once it's completed? I don't seem to be able to make seperate save points?

Only just started playing

edit: ahaaa, the game crashed and I was forced to re-load, it has all the levels to select. I like.
                  Last edited by tyler; 17-12-2005, 19:23.

Comment

Just to let people know I got an email from play.com and they are doing a ?10 off voucher sent out to those who get offers from them, combine that with the fact that the game is already ?10 cheaper than shops you can get the 360 version new for ?29.99, I just ordered it as I had previously completed the game and traded it back in game, I thought I would buy it back when it was cheaper but ?29.99 brand new is a bargain in my opinion.

Comment

Is it really as dark as they say on the 360 compared to other platforms?

How does the 360 version compare to the Xbox one?

Comment

ive played the demo on the official mag and it looks fine on a non hd sony trinitron, i take it the real game would be exactly the same darkness as the demo, and the demo has 2 nightime levels, im getting this game for christmas on 360 i hope it will be ok.

Comment

I had to turn the contrast up on my HD TV, as I was finding it tough seeing where to go sometimes.

Glad I only rented the game, would feel cheated if I'd spent ?50 on it. I completed it over 2 nights in about 5 hours, and it was rarely challenging. This game would be perfect for ?20.

Graphics varied from great (the V-Rex and other dinosaur stuff, the lighting and blurring effects) to PS2 quality (character models, the bushes as they "burned"). Kong himself looked great from some angles and crap from others.

Really enjoyed the Kong parts, the character felt very powerful.

Comment

Think I'll just rent this then, seems good but not worth buying as its over so quickly, And an easy 1000 points too!

Comment

yes, this is an odd game on 360, lovely textures real good likenesses, then models like stick men or some tim burton fantasy, lack of direction?(or me just being rubbish??) it is dark on normal televisions too as noted in many places (ukresistance take it a bit far...) imersive, maybe. impossible targeting(with objects like spears) definately. I'd go as far as to say the gamecube pushes out moree than this game at times. gorgeous lighting seems to be the 360s launch game strongpoint though and will have you gazing at times you should be moving yor arse!

Comment

I was really impressed with the 720p trailer of this that I downloaded over Xbox Live. It looks wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X