No announcement yet.

Peter Jackson's King Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game gets a bit of grief from most forums ... it's not amazing, but it looks terrific(the river rapids section while being chased by the T-Rex's is excellent, as are most Kong jungle sections). Enjoyable in short bursts, but ultimately far too repetitive for far too long.

Comment

I really liked King Kong. Obvious launch excitement / HD novelty factored in a little, and while it was a relatively short play through, I really enjoyed it. Actually it's been a while and I kept hold of it, so no doubt one day it'll get another once over for old times sake.

Any new 360 owners should really give this a rent, or pick up it up cheaply second hand.

Comment

It's like a straight to video action film. A guilty pleasure. Fine for the first 'viewing' but you wouldn't want to spend any more time on it.

Comment

I've finally got round to having a go on this & am quite liking it (although it did crash on me during a scrap with a dino)

Is there an autosave function anywhere? I forgot to manually save last night, then got trounced by a dino & had to go back & replay the last few levels since the last time I'd saved.

Comment

Don't think there is a autosave feature no, I (and probably most others) have done the same, don't worry you won't do it a second time

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
              Don't think there is a autosave feature no
              Shame, though not to worry.

It's nice how atmospheric the game is - particularly early on when

Ann is a sacrifice for Kong, with the sound of beating drums in the background.

I'm pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Yeah it's not a bad game, as you say, very atmospheric. Looks great in HD

Comment

And at least this game isn't twice as bloody long as it needs to be! Bloody film gave me rubber legs in the cinema! And Jack Black for ****s sake! How unconvincing a character could he be!? Perhaps we were meant to hate him...

Anyway never got past the bit where the girl

is climbing up the vines to light the fires to signal for Kong.

Kept getting eaten by Rex and it pissed me off so went back on the shelf.

Comment

Played this non-stop Saturday, was very pleasantly surprised. The visuals are great, they really capture the look of the film well, and I experienced quite a few heart-in-my-mouth moments. The atmosphere, as has been mentioned is superb, a great bond forms with the other characters, especially cos they're not entirely useless! Thoroughly recommended, 'specially as it's cheap as chips now

Comment

Cheap as chips is an understatement.

Thanks to the bargain folder, i picked up a brand new copy of this for 97p for the 360.

I have already completed it on the PS2, but for the price, i'm willing to go through again in HD-O-Vision.

Comment

Thanks to a £3.93 price point I decided to take a punt on this recently (360 version). Pleasantly surprised. Much to like about it. Would've liked a slightly wider field-of-view and had a couple of glitches but those didn't stop me from enjoying it. It's a shame the achievements were so easy though.

Comment

I picked this up when it was ?3.93 and enjoyed it as well. I was getting really bored watching MGS4, so a bit of mindless destruction as a massive gorilla was a welcome relief.

Comment

Originally posted by cohen205 View Post
                            Cheap as chips is an understatement.

Thanks to the bargain folder, i picked up a brand new copy of this for 97p for the 360.

I have already completed it on the PS2, but for the price, i'm willing to go through again in HD-O-Vision.
                            97p! Where from?

Comment

That post is 15 months old

Comment

Oh yeah! Lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X