Policenauts/Snatcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
    I've started Policenauts (English PS1 patched version) on Retropie also so that's a good method if you don't have suitable console to play the original discs.
    I had no idea that would run PS1 games on a Pi. Didn't think it would be powerful enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I had no idea that would run PS1 games on a Pi. Didn't think it would be powerful enough.
      Not run into any problems with games that I've tried, but wouldn't say I've really tied that many games.
      Certainly Policenauts performs ok for me.

The N64 definitely struggles on it though, although that maybe due to the quality of the emulator than the actual Pi

Comment

I think Colin made a thread about it a while back. Seems like a nice solution if you don’t want to go the real hardware route, considering the volatile nature of CDs and lasers.

Comment

These are wonderful games that would be wasted on a phone!

Settle down in a darkened room to soak up the atmosphere.

I would use your computer and emulate Snatcher for Mega CD (US release) and Policenauts on PS1 (JP release, with English language patch applied).

Both will easily emulate well on any half decent modern computer. Use OpenEmu if on Mac and link a DualShock 4 over Bluetooth for controls.

Comment

I play PS1 on my Pi more than original hardware these days, both Mega CD and PS1 run great. Definitely the way to go if you want to play these games on your TV without consoles etc.

Comment

Oh cool. I may try t these going on my MacBook Pro or but a second Pi (first Pi is running a tabletop arcade).

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to play these games these days? They sound like they'd be good phone games.
                I just yarr'd Policenauts. Played for about three minutes before moving over to another random burned game. Looked very promising, though.

Like others are saying however you should have no problems emulating these kind of games. It's not like you're going to end up being hindered by any form of input latency or whatever.
                Last edited by dataDave; 16-11-2018, 17:53.

Comment

Yeah, AFAIK there’s no legit way to purchase Policenauts digitally. Certainly no way to do with English language so you’ll need an ISO either way.

Theyre both very good games. Well worth your time. Kojima’s the best. This post sponsored by 4 pints of strong ale.

Comment

I’m a big fan of both games. So atmospheric, they really draw you in to Kojima’s wonderfully realised worlds.

Comment

Konami are so shoit at sharing there classics for modern times. A double pack of these games would be ace.

Do these games have decent sound too?

Comment

F*ck yeah, especially Snatcher which has a great soundtrack. Voice acting is surprisingly good on both too.

Comment

Yeah, they both have brilliant soundtracks. You’ll recognise the lead theme from Policenauts if you’re an MGS fan.

Comment

I Yarr'd Policenauts for PSOne which has English translation. Anyone know if Snatcher got translated for PSOne? I know it's on Sega CD etc, but with having a PS2 in the living room, I have a more cosy setup than sitting at the PC.

Comment

It's only in English on Mega/Sega CD I'm afraid.

My advice: just play through Policenauts first, and see if you like that before worrying about how you'll play Snatcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X