New Neo / DC Title - Last Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because they're NeoGeo crazy of course
    Perhaps a limited release on Neo for those who want it is good, but I definitely reckon they should port it to Live Arcade and see if they can get more of a reputation that way. Someone in the right place might see it and be interested in giving them something else to work on for an amount of cash that isn't free.

Comment

There's a video being released tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what it's like.

Comment

Well I emailed the chaps, they'll let me know when the pre order list is open and put me down. Yay. I'd still rather they went say MVS (Vektorlogic boards etc), but good on them all the same.

Comment

Downloaded the video for it

Looks pretty decent but there is no way i would pay that much for it

Comment

700 dollars for some homebrew? I think not. As someone said over at neo-geo.com, why not develop on NGCD or the dc and you'll be able to chuck out more than a piddly 30 units.

Comment

Well they reckon its 550 now...still want one

Comment

why pay all that money when u can just play the rom on a top notch pc? is there really that much difference between the 2?

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244
                  why pay all that money when u can just play the rom on a top notch pc? is there really that much difference between the 2?
                  Yeah you're right

*throws AES in the bin*

Comment

* Reaches into bin picks out un loved AES , wipes clean & trots off on merry way*

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244
                      lol...emus are for, well my views are known

Comment

cool and stuff

Comment

Kyo has a point. I take the middle ground when it comes to emus; playing them on a pc is nice but playing them the original format is better. As for the legality issue i couldn't care less but have a tendency to also own the original games of the roms that i really like and play.

But when it comes to this essentially homebrew attempt, not even if i was tony montana and high as a kite would i consider buying this title for the current asking price.

Comment

I can only see it being of interest to the completists who have to have every NG game, regardless of whether they're any good or not.

Normal people can buy a proven game like Pulstar with their $550

Comment

But hasn't the game been essentially based on last resort including ripping the sprites. Two rights don't make a wrong but i'll have no qualms d.loading this is i even have the inclination

Comment

Well now Vektorlogic is involved, hopefully we'll see a MVS version at the same time as the AES version, if not before.

As for the price, well I still reckon they'll drop it. But this looks damn good, and if it plays as well as it looks then I'll be inclined to drop some cash on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X