Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Neo / DC Title - Last Hope

http://www.ngdevteam.com/

Looks pretty cool tbh (although somewhat familiar if you know what I mean )

Still, if it plays well I'll get it for sure. The neo needs more life, it has so much to give
    Last edited by VR46; 01-12-2006, 12:49. Reason: added DC to subject

last resort? you mean last hope?

Comment

This for MVS?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch996
        last resort? you mean last hope?
        I think he means last hope? Last resort has been out for years.

Comment

No one in their right mind will pay ?400 for a homebrew game.

DOes look like a great effort though, might give the rom a spin.

Comment

Yep, made an error, me thick, have corrected.

Just seen that it will be very pricey though.
            Last edited by wheelaa; 07-07-2006, 18:58.

Comment

I would have to see some footage first

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                Yep, made an error, me thick, have corrected.

Just seen that it will be very pricey though......get to **** now springs to mind sadly.
                It is sadly too, looks like they've gone to great effort (from the shots at least), just a shame the rigmorol of Neo Geo production is so prohibitive.

Who knows where they got their figures from though, new Playmore era games were shy of ?300.

Comment

Agreed, it does look very impressive indeed. How it plays though is important of course.

I suppose all the effort has to come at a price. Thing is if its too high it won't sell, therefore making it necessarily expensive in order to recoup costs. Perhaps all those who are interested in a copy should form a preorder group and speak to the devs. If they got a list of 500 confirmed buyers say, perhaps the price could drop to reflect the interest.

I do really hope it succeeds though, if only because I want to see more life in the neo, and if this fails perhaps other devs will think again about putting the time and effort in to produce high grade homebrew (not that I'm trying to diss any homebrew efforts..I dig frog feast too for instance). For me its one of those consoles that is very much stuck in time. It can produce some amazing 2d action, that even in 2005 does not look out of date (as if that matters anyway!) and its style is second to none. Of all the consoles I own its the one I want to see living on the most, it just seems so fitting somehow.

Comment

cool - its gotta be better than vektorlogics super bubble pop

Comment

Amen. If I was developing a homebrew game from scratch and putting together 30+ home carts I'd want $700+ each. Good on em. That's not big money in NGH.

Comment

So few, really. How little I know. Seems like a bargain now, I'll be mailing them pronto for some info.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                          So few, really. How little I know. Seems like a bargain now, I'll be mailing them pronto for some info.
                          Fair do;s to you if interested in an orfder, i'm sure there will be at least a few others.

The problem here is with Neo Geo mythology, which was connected to Ghost Lop (yes, but well look at the initial price, then the current boot of a bootleg MVS etc, sure everyone knows etc), but the problem here is no official serial no., means that official collectors are near ruled out.............unless as a group they take it on, and then the rest is history etc.....

Comment

I'm all for supporting homebrew developers, but $400 for a bit of plastic containing a game that looks a bit ropey, **** that.
                            It may be missing the point a little bit, but I'm sure they'd get more of an audience (and more buyers) if they show the proto to Microsoft and get it stuck in Live Arcade at a fiver or tenner a pop instead.

Comment

If it feels like a professionally made game then i would say good luck.

Still wondered why they decided to make a neo geo game and say not a shareware pc game instead

Comment

Working...
                              X