Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nijo
    Didn't you have money on Williams?
    Yes, but for a seventh round stoppage. As it stands I haven't won ****, if I ever give you betting advice ignore it.

Comment

Feel sorry for the people that paid lots of money for a ringside seat. How dull?
      These two fatties couldn't go through 2 minutes of bashing each othere without hugging each other as well. They need to get fit.
      The crowd knew it. By the 10th, the crowd was backing whoever could be bothered to even throw a punch.

Comment

Almost as bad as the fight was the news that Hamad plans a return to the ring. Hes earnt his money, proven himself and will be regarded as a great, he doesnt look in any sort of shape for a comeback, why not quit the ring and enjoy life.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
          Almost as bad as the fight was the news that Hamad plans a return to the ring. Hes earnt his money, proven himself and will be regarded as a great, he doesnt look in any sort of shape for a comeback, why not quit the ring and enjoy life.
          A great? Proven himself? I don't think so.

Hamed will almost certainly be regarded as an extremely arrogant and cocky poseur who was good against has-beens, never weres and never would-bes, but couldn't cut it against true world-class opposition (note the 12-round boxing lesson handed to him by Marco Antonio Barrera years ago).

But I agree with most of what you've said marcus. I personally don't want to see Hamed return to boxing. He made outrageous money when he was younger and should just get on with life - he can't possibly have the hunger for it again, can he?
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-12-2005, 08:39.

Comment

He is also a danger to the streets. He is out on bail after a car crash in the summer. I think he fled from the scene of the crash. He also said that he wouldn't fight Khan because he is a muslim. I don't believe that, I think he wouldn't fight Khan becasue he knows Amir would beat his chubby face black and blue.
            Last edited by Kieran76; 11-12-2005, 09:29.

Comment

I heard Chris Eubank talking about this fight on radio. He is apparently bankrupt now. Lets just say when asked about his finances, if he dodged punches they same way he dodged those questions he would still have his title!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse
                A great? Proven himself? I don't think so.

Hamed will almost certainly be regarded as an extremely arrogant and cocky poseur who was good against has-beens, never weres and never would-bes, but couldn't cut it against true world-class opposition (note the 12-round boxing lesson handed to him by Marco Antonio Barrera years ago).
                What he said. I've nothing against sportsmen being arrogant and cocky (it makes things more interesting), but you really do need the ability and talent to back this kind of behaviour up. A boxer like Eubanks could get away with this sort of thing, but Hamed simply couldn't cut it against quality opponents. He (Hamed) was so cocky after beating people like Steve Robinson, it was a real joy to see the talentless little **** take a good drubbing.

But I agree with most of what you've said marcus. I personally don't want to see Hamed return to boxing. He made outrageous money when he was younger and should just get on with life - he can't possibly have the hunger for it again, can he
                Never come back, or so they say, and in most cases they are right. If Hamed does come back and fights anybody of any note (highly unlikely, I'll grant you), then I imagine he could get badly hurt. Actually, I hope he does come back.

Comment

Hamed was an irritating little **** (judging by the interview last night he still is), but the guy could box.

Isnt the Heavyweight division at an all time low now. To think our hopes rest on a guy who barely threw a punch for an entire fight (Harrison), its a far cry from Lewis aint it. Even the commentator talked about the often-mocked Bruno, but Im pretty sure he would of knocked seven bells of **** outta Harrison last night.

Comment

Even the commentator talked about the often-mocked Bruno, but Im pretty sure he would of knocked seven bells of **** outta Harrison last night.
                    I can't argue with that, I know people often slated him, but Bruno really wasn't anywhere near as bad as certain folks made out. Based on what I saw last, Bruno at his peak, would have murdered Harrison.

Comment

Lennox Lewis could take both those lads on at once. His KO of Rachman remians one of the greatest punches I have ever seen.

Comment

How about Rachmans KO of Lewis, that was a bad mama jama of a punch!

Comment

A fluke sucker punch.

Comment

Maybe, but he knocked that mofo lewis out.
                            Just think at the moment the heavyweight division is anyones, but perhaps in some gym there is a young pretender like Tyson was all those years ago, ready to break onto the scene and mash up all those nobodys.

Comment

Hamed was an irritating little **** (judging by the interview last night he still is), but the guy could box.
                              Yeah...against guys who clearly weren't good enough.

Isnt the Heavyweight division at an all time low now. To think our hopes rest on a guy who barely threw a punch for an entire fight (Harrison), its a far cry from Lewis aint it. Even the commentator talked about the often-mocked Bruno, but Im pretty sure he would of knocked seven bells of **** outta Harrison last night.
                              Agreed.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-12-2005, 08:16.

Comment

Yeah...against guys who clearly weren't good enough.
                                You dont seem to like Hamed much and I think you are being a bit harsh.

Hamed beat a lot of good boxers but just not Barrera who, frankly, was an amazing boxer.

Hamed did have 16 world title fights.

The BBC, rather amazingly, have him as the 4th best British boxer of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X