Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Boxing Thread

Looking forward to this.

First up is Amir Khan against Daniel Thorpe, then we have the all-British bout between the oft-criticized Audley Harrison and Danny 'the man who knocked out Tyson' Williams.

Personally Id go for Williams, its his big chance to prove himself in front of a huge audience.
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 08-01-2010, 19:40.

Williams is going to destroy Harrison, I've got money on it.

For the rest of you, bet on Harrison, as somehow I always back the loser, it's my special skill.

Win or lose, Harrison is a ****ing bum.

Originally posted by marcus
    Looking forward to this.

First up is Amir Khan against Daniel Thorpe, then we have the all-British bout between the oft-criticized Audley Harrison and Danny 'the man who knocked out Tyson' Williams.

Personally Id go for Williams, its his big chance to prove himself in front of a huge audience.
    Last edited by Il Postino; 10-12-2005, 16:27. Reason: Harrison is a fucking bum, but I wouldn't say that to his face. I've always been a coward baby.

Comment

I will be rooting for Harrison, I have no real reason why, maybe because the press give him a hard time.
      As for the Khan bout I am slightly torn as the lad he is fighting is a Sheffield Boy, normally that would be enough for him to earn my full support, but Khan is a real quality fighter, one who could go all the way so in some ways I don't want him to blot his copybook with a defeat early in his pro career.

Comment

I'd like to see Williams win also, though feel Harrison will be holding and pulling him down for most of the bout

Comment

What channel is it on ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet
            What channel is it on ?
            ITV

Comment

I'm taking 'Fraudley' to win on points, I'm afraid.

Danny Williams is all heart and guts, but little else in terms of true boxing ability (beating a 15-years past-it Tyson doesn't count, sorry). Harrison hasn't got the punching power to stop or knock-out Williams, but he is a better boxer in terms of technical ability.

Comment

Can't wait to watch the boxing.
                Glad that Frank Warren has gone back to ITV, missed the decent fights when those ****s Sky had it, hope the football is next.

Anyway I hope that Audley beats Danny Williams if only because he has the potential to be a world champion, if only he makes the effort and doesn't spend the next year sitting on his butt.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
                  Anyway I hope that Audley beats Danny Williams if only because he has the potential to be a world champion, if only he makes the effort and doesn't spend the next year sitting on his butt.
                  At the moment I'd say I've got the potential to be a world champion, seriously, this is a very lean time for the heavyweight categories.

Comment

I am looking forward to this. I have not seen a good fight night in a long time.

Comment

Seconds out...

Comment

The speed of Khan is incredible. Thorpe fought like a scrubber so I am happy he took a beating.

Comment

I forgot about it and missed it ://

Comment

You started the thread!

Comment

I know :/

Quiet start, Audley moaning a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X