Call Of Duty 2 - Call To Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daragon
    Just to clarify, only the S and the D of my GT are in caps, the rest is lowercase.
    Don't think it matters when sending friend invites on live but amended anyway

Comment

I got this for Christmas and would be up for some games.

ThirstyLegend.

Cheers

Comment

Praying for this patch to come soon. We're still playing this - up to 5 of us now it's getting tricky to all squeeze into a game and it seems busier so actually being assigned as host is a bit trickier too.

Comment

Does the game only start when the host is ready? I was just wondering if you could actually ask people to leave if youre trying to set up a friends only game. I reckon most of the time people would be fairly understanding

Comment

i was lagtacular last night... that was when i could actually get into a game... ?_?

question, does the 360 carry on downloading things in the background as you're playing? that 1.25gig pgr3 demo arrived pretty damn quick imho; same with the fight night one.

i shall be around this evening about 8 or so for a few games

Comment

Crisp - no it doesn't you can't do hee-haw when the demos are downloading but you can interrupt the download and continue it later where you left off !

CoD2 is best played with UK players to limit the lag - We got a few belters last night !

Gib - Good games last night - The game starts when enough people press X to ready up unfortunately the host can't control it - You could ask people to leave but I dunno what the chances are of them doing it - It only takes 1 Yank to pull the game down to jerk-o-vision levels as witnessed last night !

Comment

I put out a few friend requests last night with the intention of giving it a bash. Got dragged off doing something else, I will be online from 6 tonight though.

Cheers

Comment

I am going to send out some friend requests later if folks don't mind, I getting fed up of playing with Laggy Americans and halfwits.

Comment

Yep think I accepted that one Dirty - should be about tonight for some more !

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                      Crisp - no it doesn't you can't do hee-haw when the demos are downloading but you can interrupt the download and continue it later where you left off !

CoD2 is best played with UK players to limit the lag - We got a few belters last night !

Gib - Good games last night - The game starts when enough people press X to ready up unfortunately the host can't control it - You could ask people to leave but I dunno what the chances are of them doing it - It only takes 1 Yank to pull the game down to jerk-o-vision levels as witnessed last night !
                      I was just thinking after one of the games you were hosting were you managed to get most people in then it filled up with 3 strangers. In that case you could probably just hang aorund asking people to leave, politely of course.

Aye , when it works its superb. Lag did spoil it a bit but what I dont get is that it can be playing fine and then just go tits up with no change in the players ??? The amount of times last night it decided to go all dodgy just as I had my gun in Mardigans face.... hang on a minute

I found the best way last night was to wait on the live menu until it said you were joinable and then jump in.

Comment

Aye it varied quite a bit last night with the lag... at points I would get a shot off and it would take a few seconds for it to register as a kill, so I would be firing wildly, giving away my position even though the first shot was a kill, was a bit weird at times.

The game in the Train station map was first class though, some good stuff in that one.

No doubt though, when you get a lag free game it is superb!!
                        Last edited by Mardigan8; 18-01-2006, 11:30.

Comment

I don't know whether I can put up with this.

True it would be a great game with out the lag and a decent lobby or party system. I do have my fingers firmly crossed for a fix, but can't imagine there is that much they can do. Last night after playing for a couple of hours I must of only managed 3 or 4 decent games and even then I had to join part way through. When I'm used to spending hours playing and chatting continuously on older live shooters this just feels like too much hard work.

Guess I was hoping for a golden age of halotastic online functionality on the 360.

Great maps, weapons, gameplay and sadly some of the worst livecode I have ever seen.

Comment

^^ Play with us Ironhide - There's at least 8 of us now so we can fill a lobby as long as we're all quick on the draw !

It's become part of the fun almost trying to get hosting privelidges then get everybody into the lobby

Still - best online FPS I played since Halo2 without a shadow of a doubt.

Comment

Don't get me wrong this is still the best fun I've had shooting stuff on the 360. Just annoying, definitely keep playing until something that works comes along.

I'm keeping my everything crossed for Ghost Recon. I need my online FPS fix.

Comment

Still angry about that misleading GR video but yeah - Can't wait for it I adored Summit Strike !

Comment

Working...
                                X