"Game experience may change during online play"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Game experience may change during online play"

What exactly does that mean? I've seen it at the start of Burnout 3 and Animal Crossing and I'm still not quite sure what that's supposed to mean, or warn you about...

Originally posted by Bada Bing!
    What exactly does that mean? I've seen it at the start of Burnout 3 and Animal Crossing and I'm still not quite sure what that's supposed to mean, or warn you about...
    I guess that they mean that the gameplay could be hampered by network lag or verbal abuse from other players.

Comment

It means you might enjoy the game until loads of American twatty kids turn up shouting die ****ing nooob. Thats my experience of Live anyway.

The reality is they add that quote to protect themselves from anyone who dies of excitement during an online game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
        It means you might enjoy the game until loads of American twatty kids turn up shouting die ****ing nooob. Thats my experience of Live anyway.
        LOL - It it really that bad? Only console online stuff I've played is Burnout 3, AC:WW, and Mario Kart DS.
        Last edited by Bada Bing!; 27-12-2005, 23:26.

Comment

It means there's a 75% chance of being called a fag.

Comment

Originally posted by Bada Bing!
            LOL - It it really that bad?
            Nah its not that bad but it happened enough for me (along with the lag and droppers) to sell my Xbox and cancel my remaining 11 months live sub.

Comment

It's an ESRB message, it basically means "this game is rated E for Everyone (or whatever), but if you go online and someone swears, that rating does not apply"

Comment

Originally posted by wush
                It means there's a 75% chance of being called a fag.
                Haha, just a normal day for most videogame geeks then!
                Last edited by Bada Bing!; 27-12-2005, 23:45.

Comment

It means "If you play this game online, American ***** will spoil your day"

Comment

All of the above are true

I'm playing Halo 2 on Xlink right now with the more irate of the Americans, they're great fun to listen to.

Comment

Or in the case of MKDS, you might get offended by people who have drawn a willy for their avatar (of which I've seen about 5 or 6 of them!).
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by atrus
                        It's an ESRB message, it basically means "this game is rated E for Everyone (or whatever), but if you go online and someone swears, that rating does not apply"
                        Ah, that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                          Or in the case of MKDS, you might get offended by people who have drawn a willy for their avatar (of which I've seen about 5 or 6 of them!).
                          Sweet willy pics... I drew a pair of tits onto the face of the cat in Animal Crossing who visited last night. It had terrible acne which some spotty teenager drew on to make himself feel better, presumably. Can't mind the guys name now but it told me his name and town. Hopefully some feminist who got the game for xmas will be paid a visit by her today. Courtesy of Gazman from Monaco.

Comment

Working...
                          X