Gamecube Component Cable. Sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamecube Component Cable. Sound?

Looking into buying one of these when I get my own projector set up - where does the sound go to though? The cable only has R,G + B out. Looking at outputting to the L+R phono inputs on my amp just like the modded RGB lead.

EDIT: What a whithouse, just realised I can still output audio from the analog out using any Nintendo lead. Soz.
    Last edited by dataDave; 30-12-2005, 12:23.

You need to use the Composite AV lead that came with your console. The Component goes into the Digital AV Out for the Video, and the Composite AV goes into the Analog AV Out for the Audio.

Shame there's no digital audio output, it's very possible =/ You can still play stuff in Pro Logic II though

Comment

Your GC will have to have a digital output slot for the video signal and you have to use the composite cable outputting from the analog output for the sound.

Dont understand why they couldnt just make one cable though.

Edit: beaten by Shakey

Comment

Fastest replies ever. Cheers.

Already worked it out before the page went onto the 'topic posted' page.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
          Shame there's no digital audio output, it's very possible =/ You can still play stuff in Pro Logic II though
          Hehe there is a way to get digital out, its a rather clever but hard mod to do as you need to build a small circuit & install it on your cube.

I have seen the pre made boards for sale on yahoo auctions japan. God knows where it goes though but they do work, you just plug in a optical cable at the back

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
            Hehe there is a way to get digital out, its a rather clever but hard mod to do as you need to build a small circuit & install it on your cube.

I have seen the pre made boards for sale on yahoo auctions japan. God knows where it goes though but they do work, you just plug in a optical cable at the back
            That's pretty rocking. I did read it was technically possible (surely the Digital AV Out does have the ability for it?), didn't know someone has actually done it though!

Suprising really, more GameCube games seem to support Pro Logic II than PS2 titles, including most Nintendo titles, implying they do place some importance in sound.

Comment

These are the schematics if you happen to be a electronics whizz.

Had a look on yahoo to see if i could find a pic of a completed one but no luck.

Comment

Working...
              X