No announcement yet.

Dead or Alive 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, he doesn't seem to be as bad in this as he was in Ultimate and makes for a much trickier character, rather than his ****ing Wataa every 3 seconds

Comment

Had some fantastci games last night and a couple awful laggy ones. The laggy ones were toally my fault though and I wont be joining any lobbies with more than 3 players from now on as that seems to be the limit to my ****e pipe connection for hosting a good game.

Finished the night with a nice wee 3 man lobby and got some superb fights. Used a variety of characters (Brad Wong is nuts) and it was much more enjoyable for it. My countering has jumped a couple notches now after playing and watching some really good players so now its about learning exactly when o use them as at the moment I think I am doing it too much and getting caught for it.

Some great games with Human Energy. In one fight we had a superb double KO round, first I have had, then I got a Great in the second round to clinch it, giving me a Greatest You should really get an achievment for getting "Great" and "Greatest" online, surprised it aint there.

Love the random character idea and used it in most games I played, works really well and it forced me to use Bass who I would never go, but thankfully his counters do uber damage so Yoshimax felt the full force of those in one of our random fighter battles.

Absoutely love this online. When it runs as it should it more than makes up for the often frustrating SP stuff!!

Comment

I also enjoyed the brief games I had against you guys, although our match was a lag fest from hell sadly

Should be on again tonight for some more games (want to get to a B rank, but no that will never happen)

Comment

Should be on tonight too; maybe not for ages, but I'll be there.

(Please don't ignore me just for playing FFXI last night! )

Comment

we won't do, but you have to fall over for us in every match you play (thems the rules for not playing last night :P)

Comment

You wont be ignored Keith, but Brad and Christie are going to punch your ****ing lights out for snubbing them last night

Aye, a few of the games lagged like a ****, but were some alright ones aswell. Finihsed the night with superb 3 man lobby and it just ran perfect in all fights. That seems to be my limit for optimum running speed.

Was getting lose to B+ last night I think, not sure what points you need for it but cant be far away. As long as the win ratio stays above 60% (Currently 68% from 180 odd matches) then I will be happy and it is looking quite good just now.

Will be on from 6 for some random character madness, it is definitly the way forward.

Comment

Yup, I may have lost about 20 and won about 2, but I do that on purpose to make it all the sweeter when I do win

I think I could win a little bit more often if I got better at countering. I just cannot get the hang of it for some reason! And also I really need to cut out the silly mistakes. I'd like to know what part of my brain it is that sends my hands the message <i>"Jump up and press kick now, for no reason, and leave yourself open to get your head smashed in!"</i>

Oh, and I need to stop ALWAYS doing a low kick when I get up from the floor! It gets countered every single time, but I can't stop myself from tapping the button! I'm great apart from all that though 8)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
                  we won't do, but you have to fall over for us in every match you play (thems the rules for not playing last night :P)
                  I do that every match, regardless!

Originally posted by Mardigan
                  You wont be ignored Keith, but Brad and Christie are going to punch your ****ing lights out for snubbing them last night
                  Wait...they do that every night too!

Probably won't be along until 8ish or so, but I missed you boys last night.

Comment

There was a couple where you changed the get up move to a mid kick but at times I was countering a low kick from you getting up then countering the mid kick when you got back up, was in Jedi mode for some of those counters mate

Not many folk mix up the counters they use, instead just doing the mid punch reversal till you catch one but it dont always work. I am finding it much better taking a chance on the other reversals like high punch and mid kick if I think it is coming and it worked really well last night.

Whenever I lost a fight the next fight I would go Brad Wong for the next one to get myself back on track and that animal just ****s up folks heads so much, I LOVE him. Oh and my missus Christie is a favourite, hehe. Hyabusa is a thing of the past, Brad and Christie are the future oh and I absolutely DESPISE Ayane!!

Great games Zutonic, loved the double KO and then my Great the round after some smashing fights!!

Anyone else miss the level from Ultimate where you fought in the rain and the concrete ground all got broken? I loved that level!!
                    Last edited by Mardigan8; 18-01-2006, 08:45.

Comment

Gonna be on this tonight, anyone not on my list already then add me for a scrap.

Comment

Aye good stuff last night - I think I'd had one can too many by that point though and my ability to think ahead was ****ed hence I fell into HumanEnergy's constant low get-up ways and my counter timing was away to **** which is also nasty as a mis-timed counter is punished mucho severely !!!

Mardigan I think you need to call NTL mate - I dunno what that's about - I'm sure the number of people in a lobby has next to no bearing on the fight as it's about two of you - unless the host is uploading the fight to all the people in the lobby but I think it's smarter than that and works in a kind of "daisy chain" like Halo2.

Maybe you've got bad contention on the line but I'd have thought a 2mb would be fine - As I said to Larsson last night though in an ideal world we'd all be on 10mb Maybe with a 1mb upload sprinkled over the top.

Comment

It only happens when there is full lobby so there must be lot more relaince on the host connection that we think. 3 in a lobby it works a dream but any more than that when I am hosting and it goes to ****. Still got some cracking games when it did work, so will restrict myself to smaller lobbies for now.

The counter timing is the key to dominating this game I think. We see the AI doing it constantly and destroying us so you gotta think it is the way to go. Human Legend will confess to this last night as in some fights he would be winning leaving me little health but then I would counter maybe 3 in a row and win the round. Can totally flip a fight on its head if used well.

Comment

Human Legend? Has word of my legendary losing streaks spread around the globe already?

Yup, whenever I'm winning I either start getting countered all the time or I get a rush of blood to the head that makes me do a move with no chance of connecting, leaving myself open to getting a huge kicking that costs me the match Still, I'm not too good at fighting games so I don't mind losing most of the time, as long as I can pull of the occasional win or flashy looking move.

I was playing during my lunch break (a great advantage of the home office!!) and I've been trying to use counters a lot more, and practice getting better with those. I think Mardigan8 is right about how important the couters are.

Comment

Sorry mate, my head is up my ****e pipe today, Human Energy and it wont be forgotten I done the same thing with lad called Family Fry from here who I use to play Far Cry with... called him Family Fish... Dont ask me where I get them, am wired to the ****ing moon, hehe.

Its all about counters mate, knowing when to use them and not over using them is the enxt step and will be looking into that over the weeekend. Need to mix them up to get the best results but they really have developed since the last DOA, not just the reversals but the counter throws and the combo throws its all so sweet.

Brad will be on tonight for some more stance changing madness, that boy is ****ed four ways to the week, but what a fighter

Comment

I decided to make a new account so my username and gamertag match. Zutonic is no more! Might be on tonight, depends how lazy I feel after Juventus vs Cheivo has finished

Comment

Working...
                                X