Dead or Alive 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead or Alive 4

My stick arrived yesterday, and I should be picking my copy up later this afternoon. I've played a bit of DOA and DOA2, but not touched 3 or Ultimate.

Anyone with a copy want to arrange some games? If you see me online drop me an invite.

You're rubbing it in now !

Should be getting mine within the next couple of days - I'm not sure if you're still on my friends list ?? I'll check tonight and ping you an invite if not !

EDIT : I've got a feeling you are as I remember eyeing your Geometry Wars score
    Last edited by Yoshimax; 06-01-2006, 16:39. Reason: Memory Flash.

Comment

My GW score is around 400k I think -respectable but not challenging the best on my list.

Anyway, some games of DOA4 would be great. I tried the stick last night with Gauntlet and it is well made. I'm picking the game up from an indie that has reserved me a copy. With store credit it will come to ?16!

Comment

Originally posted by Soi
        My GW score is around 400k I think -respectable but not challenging the best on my list.

Anyway, some games of DOA4 would be great. I tried the stick last night with Gauntlet and it is well made. I'm picking the game up from an indie that has reserved me a copy. With store credit it will come to ?16!
        Hey fella, id give you a fight but i cant track down a copy. What place you getting yours from?

Comment

Soi I have a copy mate add me:

Gamer Tag: Shozuki Shin

Tigger: I got my copy from Game Focus in C. London (Goodge Street) expensive though.... (?59.99...)

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki
            Tigger: I got my copy from Game Focus in C. London (Goodge Street) expensive though.... (?59.99...)

Comment

Should have mine Monday (damn FedEx not delivering on Saturdays!) so I'll see you online then yeah? Excellent.

Comment

I got mine from Game Focus too, but with store credit it worked out a lot less. ?59 isn't too bad though -I remember when import shops (CEX -I'm looking at you) priced new import games at around ?80.

Anyway, back on topic I'll add you Shozuki later.

I had my first few games last night, after coming back from a friend's work leaving do. I managed to find a lobby full of other UK people with the game and the games worked well. I played 6, won 3 -which I was happy with considering I'm new to the series.

Comment

How is this new fangled lobby system ? Fun ? Does the screen in the lobby appear to update in realtime ? Can you hear the fighters or are they cut off from the rest of the lobby (as I'd hope) ?

Comment

Nope, you can hear everything all the time.

As far as I can tell you can mess around in the lobby but you have to leave it and get in the queue to join a fight (which means viewing the action in full screen). Leaving to go back to the lobby then looses you your place in the fighters queue

Comment

What do you mean by a queue? DOn't you just jump in to a game if anyone else is free?

Comment

Again someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure it's one match at a time per lobby.

The game has different modes like Winners stays on, Loser stays on, Survival and Kumite (where regardless of who wins or loses the Champ stays on) but there's no way to call someone out on a seperate fight, unless you take it to your own game lobby.

Comment

is the 'halo' character selectable from the start or is it a secret/hidden charcter

Comment

Hidden, need to beat story with every one (Helena as well). Looks like she plays a lot like Leon/Bayman.
                            Send a shout if any one wants a match, only got a pad though.

Comment

Yeah, with all that armour on she's a bit heavy to play but I love her move where she sticks a grenade to her opponent and then pushes them away for them to explode.

Cloaking's a lot of fun too (but ultimately a bit pointless).

Also it's nice to hear the Mjolnir mix of the Halo theme playing on her stage

Comment

Working...
                              X